View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 04:22 PM   #9
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByJezebel View Post
I can't comment on all weight loss ads, but I can give you my personal experience with Nutrisystem.

In 2006, I lost 85 lbs on Nutrisystem, and in 2007 they asked me to participate in one of their photo shoots.

I had become a runner, and had been wearing tank tops that had a shoulder that was about 3" wide. My natural skin color is pretty pasty, so my tan line was a stark contrast to the skin next to it. They chose a tank top for me to wear that had a shoulder that was only about 1 and 1/2" wide, and the tan line was way too obvious.

I casually mentioned that they could just fix it in the pictures, after all, it was just a tan line. They about flipped, and said that they couldn't do ANY retouching on the photos, they had to use them exactly as they came out. They solved the problem by putting a tan foundation makeup in an airbrush, and they airbrushed ME to fill in and hide the line.

So I can't speak for all of them, but when you see their ads, I am confident that you are seeing something that has not been touched up.
Wow, interesting story, I can't believe they were so responsible! Good for them, I don't think a tan line would matter in a weight loss story, but kudos to them for being so ethical! Good for you too, 85 pounds is quit a victory!

Join today and remove this ad!