View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #8
tem_sat
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemini View Post
Cali just had her teeth cleaned with anesthesia by her regular vet - however, we have not seen the vet since her vaccinations last August -- anyway the cost was $85 and they called the next day to see how she was doing! I live in the Louisville, KY area so that probably doesn't help you much, but just thought I would give you a gauge of what others are charging. This is a top notch vet clinic, that is noted for being reasonable - in fact people drive great distances for he reasonable prices and the superior and caring treatment.
That is an incredible deal. I am going to add one more thing...always remember to consider "adding on" a dental cleaning whenever your Yorkie may be put under for some sort of non-dental related surgery. My Doxie recently aquired a fly bite, which resulted in a cyst having to be removed from the top of his ear. My vet suggested that a dental be performed since he was going to be under anyway. The normal cost for pre-op blood work and the dental cleaning the first time it was performed was approximately $200.00. The add-on during his cyst removal was $56.00. I simply couldn't say no to a dental for $56.00!

-- Tara
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!