View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 10:40 AM   #1
fasteddie
YT 6000 Club Member

Default Help Out an Owner with a Sick Yorkie!

mrchevy51 emailed me this and perhaps someone out there will have some idea on what to do?

My little Foxy had puppies in April. (Six puppies but lost one) Got so sick I almost lost her. She bloats up with fluid and won't eat. Have had her to 4 vets who never heard of her situation. Had exploritory surgery a week ago and all they found was that her liver was swelled up twice the size it should be but the color was good and didn't looked diseased. Sent off a biopsy of the liver and intestines, no results yet. Hopefully tomorrow. Took 1 liter of fluid off her during surgery. She is bloated up again after only one week. I guess the next step is an ultra sound on her heart. EKG showed nothing. Blood tests were normal. Heartworm negative. Never had a sick day in her life until the pups were born. Had her fixed and the vet said the uterus was full of bacteria when he took it out. HELP!!!! Any information??? She has been sick since April and I'm almost ready to say she's had enough because I feel so sorry for her. All I do is cry when I have to give her a pill or change her bandages from her surgery. She's only 2 yrs. old and the best dog. She doesn't deserve this. She is so weak that I have to carry her most places and she staggers when she goes outside. Any information will be appreciated. Thank You.
fasteddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!