View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
SWHouston
YT 1000 Club Member

Default ANIMAL SAFETY – Home/Vehicle/Anywhere

Another vein of Animal Protection and Welfare is keeping our little Furfriends as safe as we can in all instances of Travel, in our Homes, or other places where something bad could happen. Being aware of things is critical, and some threats are quite subtle. I thought that a discussion on this may be useful to us all.

Part of Safety can be a good “Plan”.
Below, I’ve made a list of things which one may need on a Trip
(Loosing Animal/Vehicle Safety/Accommodations)

List of Items in preparation for a Trip (Holiday/Vacation):
Proof of Ownership – Documents, Shot Records, Electronic ID #.
Picture(s) – Recent frontal/profile, maybe with some measurements/weight written on them.
Picture(s) - Ones of you and someone else, and the Dog (ownership history validation)
Reliable Leash’s – short and long, just in case you need to “field” it for a while.
Harness – for security during transport and when on Leashes.
A good sturdy dedicated Collar, with indelible ID/tags – and a latch that’s nearly impossible to open.
Food – something that won’t spoil if left in a variant of temperature.
Bowls – maybe the collapsible type.
Meds – with administrations (spoon/measuring) in their own Zip-Lock bag or container.
Water – container(s) applicable to size of animal(s), a ? Day supply.
Potty Pad – with a small piece of Paper Towel (stored in a Baggy), previously dabbed in it’s Urine.
Crate – maybe for when you’re out to Dinner, and great to store/transport all the above stuff.
Toy(s) – something to help time pass, and make the strange area, seem a little closer to home.
Sleep Pad (seasoned) – can line the Crate, or brought out when confinement isn’t necessary.
Ancillary Items – Brush, Toothbrush/paste, Poop Bags, depends on length of trip.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!