View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 12:27 AM   #11
lisaly
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
Hi and Welcome to YT.

I'm so very sorry for your loss of baby Sophy.

I had a Sophie too, and when her time came, I could hardly get out of bed in the mornings. No more cute little face in mine giving kisses and bugging me to get out of bed!

Then when I did get up, all I could do was cry. Everywhere I looked my heart kept expecting to see her, them my brain would kick in reminding me that she was no longer of this earth. This seemed to go on forever. For two years I couldn't remember smiling, or laughing. I was just getting through the days, sadly.

Finally I decided I needed to get another Yorkie. I didn't know what else to do. I was so miserable. Sophie would never want her Mommie feeling this bad!

Well, I got him, and I smiled... and it hurt! But felt great at the same time. I exist without Yorkies, I live with them! I will never be without one again! I just had so much love in my heart for her, that when she left, there was only pain and tears. My heart hurts now, 10 years later, just thinking about her.

But my new little man is keeping my lap warm... he doesn't know why his Mommie sits at the computer and cries alot. But he knows I'll be okay in a bit and we'll play a game and have some treats. And my little Sophie will stay in the little hole she carved out in my heart!

Hoping that your pain eases soon....
Kathy's post is very beautiful, and it explains a lot of how I have felt after losing my babies. I lost my last little angel almost five months ago a month before her seventeenth birthday. Although I knew Ashley was not going to live forever, there was nothing I could do to prepare me for losing someone I love/d so deeply. Ashley and her sisters occupy a huge part of my heart, and they are always a part of me. We haven't gotten another Yorkie yet, but I know that we will as soon as we are able to. It's because of the love I feel for my little angels that I want to bring another one or two into our lives. Although there is a lot of pain because of our loss, there are also feelings of overwhelming happiness when I think of or my husband and I talk about (which is very often) our little girls. I am so sorry that you lost your baby Sophy. I understand how great your loss is and how much it hurts. I hope the pain eases in time and that you can start to feel happiness. Love lasts forever, and Sophy will remain in your heart forever. No dog could ever replace her, and you wouldn't want one to. I hope that, when you are ready, you can bring another baby home to love and that some of your tears will be replaced by laughter.

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!