Thread: Leptospriosis
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
Elle
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sktwirler View Post
My youngest yorkie had a terrible reaction to her lepto shot. All of my 3 yorkies had to get shots. My youngest got her shot in the middle so we were they for a good 10 minutes after she received her shot. We got in the car and just pulled out the driveway and she goes sick. I figure she was just nervous, so I continued. Got down our street about 5 minutes later, she puked again. By this time I am thinking something is not right. I pulled in my driveway, put my two other dogs in the house and locked up. Got back in the car, called the vet and drove back. It was during rush hour too so there was so many cars, I alway ran the red light. She was so pale and mellow. I had to snap my fingers just to keep her awake. I finally got to the vet and she was loosing her bowels. I took her in and the lady at the desk, looked at me and said, let me get a towel. In my head, I am thinking just take my dogs. Either way she made it and she is fine. They had to give her a shot of benderyll and one shot of steriods. They said everytime that she gets the shot she is alergic to, she will have to get one shot of benderyll and one shot of steriods. Basically more money for me.

Anyways how can I convinence my vet not to administer the shot to my youngest. The other two are perfectly fine with it. My dogs never get boarded, if they go for a walk its around the neighborhood. They will be going to a grooming in the new year (Grooming now, comes to the house). Any suggstions??

Thanks

You tell him no or you are going elsewhere. Mean it or go elsewhere.

Our dogs are our responsibilities before our vets. We need to have relationships with them that are two sided or one sided because we can count on them 100% if you don't know better. People need to stand up for their dogs just like you would your child.

Good luck.
Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!