View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #10
yli009
Yorkie Yakker

i just got brady last saturday and he has a bit of separation anxiety so he barks even when i leave the room. it's a good thing that puppy barks are not at loud but it can get to the point where i'm afraid of neighbors complaining. i def agree that you should tire them out as much as possible. other than that, just remember not to give in when they bark. have training sessions where you intentionally leave and return only when they stop barking. try to do this for only a few min at first and then increase the amount of time that you're out. the main thing is not to come back until they stop barking so they will know that barking will not get them what they want. of course you should also associate you leaving with positive things like treats and lots of fun toys for them to play with. if you are diligent about this, the barking should only last a week or so

if nothing else works, you could always try a snugglepuppie. it's a toy that's heated and has a real heartbeat so it reminds them of their mom or littermates

good luck!
yli009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!