View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #2
RUsmom
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default So Scarey

When RU was about 8 months old he had chocolate poisoning! I didnt eve realize he had gotten into chocolate. It was actually about two years ago to the day! He had been vomiting all night(Saturday of course no Vet ) then he started acting funny, just couldnt sit still, was very hyper which was unusual for him! The vomit actually smelled like chocolate but was clear. Finally I looked up his symptoms at around two in the morning and realized it was just like chocolate poisoning, his heart was beating so fast I couldn't even count it so my son and I jumped in the car in a horrible rain storm (my husband was at a retreat that weekend) and drove to Tufts Emergency Clinic. I had him all wrapped up and prayed the whole time we drove there (not only for RU but for us too, it was so nasty out!) They took him in right away and he DID have chocolate poisoning! They gave him charcoal and IV's and he came home the next day! He almost died and it was the scarest night of his life! Not to mention mine! Oh....where did he get the chocolate from? My son had gotten an Easter Basket from his girlfriends mother back in APRIL! He never ate the candy and RU had been investigating in his room in the attic! I found the empty wrapper to a Russell Stover bunny while cleaning a few months after that! Now I panic if just one M&M gets dropped on the floor!
RUsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!