View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
KashasMom
YT Addict

My Scottie is 9. Since she was born she has ALWAYS had ear infections. Not sure what Sabrina's are like but Frosty had sensitive ears(to noise and touch), they were always red and had stinky dark earwax oozing. We tried everything until I convinced my mom to do extreme diet restriction & go grain free. Over the past 3 1/2 months, her ear infections are gone without the use of any medication and all of her other allergy symptoms seem to have gone away.

So after my experience my suggestion is go to another vet, perhaps one who has a holistic practice. Get their opinion on diet and allergies. If you can't find one then .. I never would have known to do this, but at the advice of some YTers we put Frosty on a fish blend (she's always been on lamb or venison) so she would be less likely to be allergic to any ingredients. Perhaps re-visit what you are feeding her and see if she could have developed more allergies.

Hope it works out!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!