View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #14
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizap View Post
Our Rocky has had reactions to 2 different brands and at this point we are considering not trying or using any more treatments.

I just don't know what to do , specially after reading about so many serious reactions , even deaths associated to flea treatments that the FDA is investigating.

He gets into a panic mode, walks around in circles with tail down, as if he is afraid (similar to what he does when we have bad storms). First couple of times he would be breathing really fast, rolling on the floor like when we give him a bath, basically acted very strange for about four hours.

The last time the vet suggested a new brand and to only use half the dose , that time he acted differently, he was sleepy, not as panicky as other times, but we worried because he was too calm.

We live in Georgia and know that fleas are a big problem but he is always indoors, only near other dogs when we go to PetSmart to get his nails trimmed.
I do not routinely treat for any parasites. I have not treated for fleas in 2 years, and the last time they had them, one treatment did the job for the rest of the summer. this year, tics were a problem, I simply picked them off when they had one.

We are putting way to many chemicals into these little guys. Rabbies is the only vaccine that needs to be done routinely. Most places have gone to the 3 year vaccines on that.

Other vaccinations every 5 to 10 years. Fleas, tics, worms, mosquitoes, only when needed.

I think it has gottenm so the preventions are far more dangerous than the illnesses they are preventing.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!