Thread: Egg Recall
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by celstu1 View Post
I wonder if that is what I had last week. On Monday my girlfriend and her hubby got really sick, she is pregnant so she called her doctor and they said it was a virus, not food poisoning because she had hot & cold flashes and food poisoning does not give you that. The next night (tuesday) I got SUPER sick. It was not pretty. I was in SO much pain I couldn't even describe it. After I threw up countless times, harder than Ive ever felt before, every bone, muscle and joint in my body was screaming in pain. It was hard to walk, move, anything... drinking water even hurt my ears. I mean the pain was indescribable with how bad it was. This lasted ALL day weds and I went to bed around 730pm weds evening after taking 2000mg of tylenol with absolutely no results or dimished pain. I slept straight through until 8am thurs morning. When I woke up, it was like nothing happened. Everything was fine. I felt fine, pain was gone, fever gone, no more upset stomach, nothing. It was the strangest thing ever. My girlfriend said her & her husband were the same way, SOOOO sick on Monday to absolutely FINE on tuesday. Isn't that bizarre?

Yikes! That sounds awful. I eat raw eggs almost every day! I buy them from a local farm, though, via Whole Foods. I don't think that necessarily protects me from salmonella, but at least I'm sure they are very fresh.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!