Thread: Tiny dogs --
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 11:14 PM   #10
Snow Yorkies
Biewer Passionate
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose
I have found my tinies to be quite sturdy. The problems can come from accidents that a bigger Yorkie can tolerate or recover from much more easily..same with illness. A 2 pounder can not get a stomach upset and lose half a pound. It would be 25% of their body weight..just think if a human lost 25% of their weight in 3 days...a bigger Yorkie can tolerate an upset or virus much easier..half pound rarely kills a 6 pounder.

A tiny can be tiny because it is genetic programmed to be small ..or it can be tiny due to a genetic malfunction/health problem. Unfortunatley, so many owners are not educated by the breeder as to how to care for a tiny..many lose then the first week they get them home because the breeder let them go too soon..not the pet owners fault at all.

I have to agree with Pat... I have a little one, she was my first. She is three years old and I haven't had any health issues with her, except for her eye when she scratched her cornea and had to have surgery. But that isn't a health issue. She is a doll and she rules the roost around here...lol.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!