View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 06:18 AM   #13
jencar98
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
You going to read more and more propaganda put out about microchips because of state laws wanting it to become mandatory. Commercial breeders are fighting it big time; they do not want dogs traced back to them. Dog-fighting enthusiasts are also concerned about mandatory microchiping, right now they can just deny the badly beaten dog is theirs.

This makes me so angry on so many levels. Pet owners don't always know whom to believe, and not everyone is familiar with the difference in scientific studies. Many people see all scientific studies as being equal, however, studies are far from equal, and a the design of the study is very important in showing impartiality.
Here's one of the newest studies, done by real scientists.

I hope Yorkietalkerswill not be a part of spreading rumors concerning the safety of microchips, literally millions of dogs have been microchiped, and only one case has documented as tumor involvement. I'm not familiar with the case cited above, but I don't think we should automatically believe it to be true, until independent resources confirm it. Even then, it's would be only 2 dogs out of millions, and please don't forget that COMERCIAL BREEDERS ARE FIGHTING THIS LEGISTLATION, and want to get pet owners outraged and scared, so that the legislation doesn't pass. Don't fall for the trap!

Nancy, IDK about all commercial breeders but the ones I've dealt with through rescue all microchip and have for some time. I don't think commercial breeders are too worried about dogs being traced back to them.

The microchip study summary you quoted was done by "Destron-Fearing........the maker of microchips. Call me cynical because, I just don't trust those that profit from a product to do the research. I would much prefer an unbiased opinion or scientific study.

It's odd you want an independent study before you believe the most recent case of cancer in a dog at the site of the microchip, but believe a corporation with a vested interest in the outcome of these studies.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!