View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
Sio99
Yorkie Yakker

Join a Cushing's group today if you havent already! It will save your dogs life and what ever you do never ever let anyone talk you into Lysodrine. You will need to likely educate your vet on what you learn on these Cushing's forums and dont back down. When Trixie was diagnosed in 2004 Lysodrine was the US drug of choice any UK was using Anypril. I dont know what advances have happened since but Anypril was a much better option back then. It wasn't FDA approved but you could get a waiver and import the med here with a vets approval. I gave my vet all sorts of research as to why it was a better option. Lysodrine was like the equivalent of chemotherapy. I thought I had convinced my vet and last minute he said no - he wanted to stick with Lysidrine. After her second day on the meds she was dead. I still havent forgiven myself because my gut said not to put her on Lysodrine and I will never forgive that vet. As far as I am concerned he killed her.

Learn from my mistake. The people on those forums are dedicated to the illness and researching every journal the can find. In fact I joined a kidney disease forum when Roxy was stricken with it and I credit them for giving her 4 years of quality life my vet did not think she would have. The forums out there are amazing.
Sio99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!