View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 06:11 AM   #1
Lolasmom1211
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Blood in stools - Feeding Raw

My 9 lb male had blood in his stools late last night. There is no vomiting and he seems to feel fine. It was more than just a small smear, but not gushing. He has a very sensitive stomach, in fact, I have had to take him to the Emergency vet in the past when he ate a small leaf because the stem on it irritated his intestines and caused a bloody stool. They did xrays, gave him antibiotics and $300 and a couple of hours later he was fine! He hasn't eaten any leaves this time and I can only suppose it may be a bone in the raw (Nature's Variety) that I am feeding him that has irritated or scratched his little intestines. He is acting normal, still wants to eat, drink and play with his sister....Does anyone have an opinion or advice on whether he needs to be on an antibiotic if he does have an irritated intestine? Of course, if his next stool has blood, I will take him immediately to the the vet, but if his next stool is normal with no blood, do I still need to take him in? Please help, I'm not too sure what to do this morning. Thanks!
Lolasmom1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!