View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisinka View Post
Hi everyone. I'm a 'fairly' new Yorkie mommy (only have my baby in November). I hope someone will be able to help me.

I recently switched Sandy's food to Acana Grasslands. He was on Royal Canin before. He's eating the Acana kibbles only if I put them on a saucer. When they're in his bowl, he'll go and sniff his food, then walks away! He seems to enjoy his new food because he'll lick the saucer clean everytime. I tried to mix his old kibbles with the new ones but nothing worked.

I also notice he's pooping 3x a day instead of 2x but his poo looks normal and not as stinky as it was when he's on RC. I think it's because he eats too much?

TIA.
My 13-month old boy also likes eating his food off of a saucer/plate, rather than out of his bowl. I don't know if it easier for him to eat from the plate, or if he prefers ceramic over stainless steel, or if he associates the plate with good stuff like his yogurt and peas.

It's funny that your boy wants the new food on a saucer. Nothing to worry about, though.

As for the pooping, probably the change in food, digests a little differently. My pups habits changed with changes in food and age.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!