View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #2
vtran08
Yorkie Yakker

I have 3 Yorkies that eat raw everyday. I go thru a little more then 15 lbs of raw meat a day for the 3 of them....everyday. You can give them any bone as long as it's raw. so giving them a whole chicken with bones and all is an i love you forever in my home! They always have raw bones hiding around in their beds til they want to eat them. my dogs sometimes like to let their meat rot then eat it. freezer burnt meat is also ok to give. Their stomach acid will digest it with no problems. i have a whole big freezer stocked with raw meat. everything from chicken, pork, and beef to duck, deer, rabbits, squirrels and whatever else the dogs like to hunt and kill in the backyard. hunting has its advantages :-)
i've have been feeding my 3 yorkies raw for over a year now. i've noticed that it keeps their coat nicer. they also go potty less since meat contains water and kibble is dry (making them thirstier) and the poo is less smelly and i never have to worry about picking up after them since the poop is gone after a few days since is all nutrients and breaks down quickly.
I always have kibble laying around for them also as they do sometimes get tired of eating raw.
vtran08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!