View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
SoCalyorkiLvr
BANNED!

Yes, it is very common because yorkies are very dependent and need care 24/7 as puppies and then, since they are so attached and bonded with their owner they need to not be left for long periods of time.

I have loved the breed all of my life but waited until my children were grown, I was self employed and worked from home, and was able to financially give my yorkies the best care before I got one. I convinced many friends to get them over the years but I waited because I researched the needs of the breed. They crave companionship and fail to thrive when left alone and lonely.

If you have another dog or even a cat for company after the yorkie is 6 months old or so then leaving it occasionally for more than 4 hours would be okay because they will have company and companionship.

I think you have met a very caring breeder who wants her yorkies to go to the best homes.

If you are planning on taking yours to work when it is old enough, then you have the ideal situation. If you can use the pet sitter option where someone comes to your home then you are also doing the right thing on the rare occasion when you cannot take her to work with you.
SoCalyorkiLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!