View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #15
tinkie
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
First, you have obviously never suffered through a relationship that went to ugly places or you would NOT have suggested just sending one of them to a friends house.
Wrong. I have; thus the reason I know that if there wasn't any visible sign of evidence of battery, it wasn't the type of battery that warranted both going to jail.

Quote:
they said they couldn't determine who the aggressor was. so, what if they pick the wrong one? A man or woman who is battered then locked up?
Umm. I believe they did just that. Since they locked them both up, and the dogs too, I'd say that if there was a victim, other than the dogs, than the victim was locked up.

Quote:
Third, the police were GOOD enough to be worried about the yorkies.
Sorry, I don't buy that at all. The police were looking for other ways to punish these people for disturbing them. Good my foot. They could have at least given them a chance to call a friend or relative to take care of the dogs before taking them if they were concerned for the dogs. What if this had been children? Would rounding up 6 kids and throwing them into juvie or foster care be considered "good" and "showing concern"? Maybe in some Communist country where the government is responsible for the children and not the parents, but this is still the USA where parents raise their own children. For now, anyway.

The fact is that if there HAD been children there, they would have been less likely to haul them both to jail. Since it was only dogs, it gave them a good tool to punish these people so they'll never make the mistake again of calling the police.

I suspect, if the truth were known, that when these oafs decided they were hauling the woman to jail, she went to pieces crying about the dogs. Since she showed concern for the dogs, they decided to have them hauled off to prevent getting sued later for arresting someone that shouldn't have been arrested and leaving the dogs alone.
tinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!