View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #12
JerryandMom
Yorkie Yakker

Kiss

to get rid of the smells from accidents some people with lots of money to spend will tell you to buy that "natures miracle" stuff from the expensive stores.. dont fall for that crap because its NOT worth the money your spending. believe me ive used it, and used a whole jug and it hardly helped. anyways, i am CRAZY about keeping my house clean and fresh, some might say i have OCD. I like to use home made remedies because of my 1 year old getting into everything, not to mention you SAVE MONEY!! so if you mix water and VINEGAR (yes vinegar) (they say 1/2 and 1/2 but i like to use more vinegar than water to really clean up the smell) blot up as much of the pee as you can out of the carpet, then spray your mixture generously to the effected spot, make sure you spray enough to get down where the pee has soaked in at the bottom of the carpet. them blot that all up. IT REALLY WORKS! not only does it clean the spot - the dog cant smell the pee was there before and wont go there again, because if they smell it somewhere THEY WILL PEE THERE AGAIN!! your area might smell like vinegar for about 5 minutes but it WILL go away and is definitely MUCH better than the smell of old piss. and it is my opinion to definitely dont keep those pee pad things for long because the dog is only learning its okay to pee inside the house. move the pee pad to the door and move it more and more closer to outside every day. keep up with bringing them outside as soon as they come out of theyre crate and after EVERY nap, and you shall prevail. My Jerry is only 6 months and totally potty trained to go outside. since you have a fenced in yard it should be a little less stressful for you to get them out.
JerryandMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!