View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #12
smartpuppiepets
YT 1000 Club Member

You should be talking to your vet about this. Or should i say a vet that you trust.
I understand you plan to get her spayed sooner or later and that is not the question here.
There is a lot of research that actually suggest that the healthiest thing is to get a female dog spayed before she has her first heat. It diminishes the chances for mammary glands tumors and cancers, also there are other benefits depending on the type of spay performed.
Some vets will just remove the horned shaped uterus, others will perform what is called "ovarian hysterectomy " and they remove the ovaries as well as the uterus. In my opinion this is the best method.
It also prevents Pyometra, a very dangerous infection of the uterus.
There are a lot of healthy benefits from spaying a female dog BEFORE her first heat . Just do a bit of online research you will find some reasons. I will not remember the right "terms" to post here everything, but i am a big advocate of spaying, it has many advantages !

I am sure you will make the best decision for you and your baby and with your research and all you will be sure you did the right thing at the end !

XOXO
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!