View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 05:49 AM   #6
Lolasmom1211
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingergirlsmom View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this.

First, let me clarify, that I am by NO MEANS an expert. But, I did experience a similar situation with Ginger and Bernie a few months ago and received some help from forum members. While they haven't returned entirely to their old playful selves, the attacks have ceased and we returned to a normal, calm household. (Our situation was similar in that it took place whenever I was giving one my complete attention, not just at bedtime).

The advice I was given was to remove both dogs from the room immediately after an incident and ignore them completely for 10 minutes (we took Bernie to the kitchen and put up a gate and put Ginger in the bedroom). We didn't speak to them as we were moving them, we moved very calmly and quietly. Then, when they returned we made no fuss and continued not talking to them for 10 minutes. We only had to do this a couple of times (I believe it was 3) and our peaceable kingdom has returned.

Your situation is different in that Harley isn't fighting back or defending himself. I think if it were me, I'd try removing Lola for 10 minutes (calmly)while leaving Harley in the room, but perhaps doing something else (not snuggling with him) but then ignoring both of them for about 10 minutes upon her return (this means no cuddling in bed with them). I think that second bit of time is important to allow them to sense each others mood.

Again, I'm no expert. But we thought we were trying everything, and this worked, it was calm, and it was simple to do.

Good luck and let us know how things are going!!!
I will 100% try this tonight. I feel so helpless. Thank you for your advice!!! I will let you know how it works. Anything is better than what I must be doing.
Lolasmom1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!