View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 09:06 AM   #6
Marilize
YT 500 Club Member

Baxtersmommy, I am busy reading Dr. Pitcairn's on natural health for cats and dogs. I was very shocked when I learnt about all the animal byproducts, chemicals, etc. I will never again feed my dogs a commercial food. I prefer to make my own (according to the recipes and info in the book) because then I know what is in the food.
I have always hated using chemicals on my dogs, so the book was great. I don't know if you have read it, but it gives all kinds of tips on everything from arthritis to cleaning furniture. It also gave me reassurance that going natural is the best.

Mardelin, thank you so much for the information. It is exactly the type of advice that I want.

I am planning to attend quite a few dog shows this year and then, if June fits the standard well enough, I would like to find someone who can mentor me in showing and breeding. I do have someone who can mentor me, but I may have to find someone closer to me.

I have a specific question: What is the best way to acquire champion stock?
Also, what is the chance that June will fit the standard if she has no champions in her background? I understand that for a dog to be a champion, its owners had to show the dog. My breeder didn't show, however.

By the way, June is KUSA registered (they are the only registering body in South Africa) and so far, she fits the standard. If she doesn't fit the standard, I won't breed her.

So, that is the main reason behind the champion stock question. I really want to start a breeding program, but as in everything else that I do in my life, I won't do it if I can't do it well. If June isn't standard, my breeding program won't begin with her.

I would really like some more information and advice from any experience breeders or any other YT members. I really want to do my best and I am counting on the amazing people at YT to help me.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!