View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 05:15 AM   #15
caitriona
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
To the OP, for ears: when a vet sees a certain amount and color of ear gunk, it is quite easy for them to diagnose an infection without going further. And they may not even bother to look at it under scope bc many ear ointments treat *both* bacteria and yeast, so charging you for a smear-and-scope is sort of a moot point. The vet may have been trying to save you money there.

As for LP, you mentioned he was holding his leg in the air at times. That is a sign of pain, that's why he does it. Size of the dog and age does not determine if LP is a problem - the grade of the LP is what determines it. When LP is diagnosed, in most cases Cosequin is recommended right away and depending on the Grade - surgery.
Best of luck.
On the ears, the reason why it put me off was because he didn't smear-and-scope and was trying to charge me for it anyway, I think in this case i will just take it to another vet.

On the LP he did Grade it as Lvl 1 which is why he is not worried about it, as I mentioned i do see him lifting his hind leg once in a blue moon, but he only does it when he is outside and it only lasts for like a split second and then he is off running to chase some bug or other.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!