View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 08:25 AM   #7
Tink's Mom
With Indy In My Heart
Donating Member

As Wisconsin is working on legislative law to shut down puppy mills, this is not good news. I was shocked when I heard it. I'm ashamed that this happened in my state.

Most of the smaller animals (dogs and cats) came to the Humane Society here in Madison. I've been out a couple of times to take supplies and spend some time helping the staff. There's not much I'm able to do, but I can change paper and hold and handfeed frightened dogs.

There are some little friends that are so scared all they do is shake. It's getting better now that they've been cleaned up and gotten some needed medical care. Things are looking better. Most of the animals are set up in tents on the grounds of the Humane society because of space issues.

I will say that Dane County has wonderful facilities and treats all the animals there with respect and the best treatment they can offer. There are many volunteers (of course more are always welcome) and good vet care. There has been a great response to the needs for this group of rescued animals. Here is a link to the rescue info on the DCHS website.

DCHS Local Lead in Animal Abuse Case | Dane County Humane Society: Helping People Help Animals

And here's the link to their main page that tells all about the DCHS. I've gotten 3 of my previous pets from this society.

Dane County Humane Society: Helping People Help Animals

Last I heard, they are expecting to be able to offer some of the animals for adoption soon.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!