View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 09:37 AM   #9
sbarker13
Yorkie Talker

Thanks=) Regardless of the harness problems we are extremely happy she was litter box trained so fast, let me know if you need any help=)

The harness is used was a step in also, we put her in it for the majority of the day and she would barely move. We put the collar on all day and eventually she was fine with it. For now since we aren't doing any leash training I think the collar should be fine just to introduce her to the outdoors so she can play with other puppies and meet more humans. I am more concerned with helping her get sociolized since it's most importants around 8 weeks- 14 weeks. I'm hoping to give it another try with the harness in a couple weeks, maybe we she gets a little bigger she'll be ok with it.

I've had 4 dogs but we rescued them all and never got one as an early puppy so I'm not really sure what to expect them to achieve at different ages.

I think the fact that she is already litter trained, and knows the commands sit, come, place, and she just learned "go room"...so eventually I can say "go room" and she'll know to go to her room. Know that she is litter box trained we no longer keep her in her crate, we turned one of our storage rooms into her own little doggy room. Although at night we put her in our room in the crate, so she can still use the litter box at night.

I have another questions, at what age do you think it will be ok to just let her sleep in her room? My boyfriend has slight allergies to her she we wont let her sleep in the bed, and right now we are enstilling the "alpha dog" so we make sure she sleeps in her bed.

Thanks again for all the great advice I'm so happy I found this board!!
Sondra & Goober
Essential Skincare Ebay Store
sbarker13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!