View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #15
Shelby&Seymour
"& Seeger, too"
Donating Member

Shelby had both done at the same time....... and I wouldn't have had it any other way. It was a BIG surgery for her to take on, but I think it was easier on her. Only 1 recovery, and also 1 time under anesthesia. OF course with 2 legs bandaged, she relied on me for ALOT. We carried her to and from her pee pad, to her food bowl, too see out the window, etc.... you get the idea. I also made susre that she only laid in the same place for a limited amount of time so she wouldn't get tired, depressed or bored. We always went on our "walk" thru the house looking out windows and checking out different rooms. She liked being carried around for these adventures. ANd Yes, they are able to walk and need to get some exercise, but they also have went thru a major surgery... and just like people, they NEED to rest and have recovery time. Shelby was a tired and sore little gal for awhile. (but it is true.... kinda like how they get you outta bed in the hospital after surgery to walk around, you need to have some "mobile" time..... but it can be overdone)

Our surgeon was great, as were the gals that prepped her for surgery. She was not shaved drastically...... matter of fact, they preserved her coat very well. I was glad about that..... plus it was cold last year in Febuary!

We used saranwrap on her bandages at "pee pee" time to keep them from getting wet. It worked wonderfully!!!! Keep that in mind.
I am sure you have done your homework on this surgery.... don't be afraid to ask the surgeon questions!!

Here is a pic of Shelby after surgery...

001.jpg

Last edited by Shelby&Seymour; 03-12-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Shelby&Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!