View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
sarahcals
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thank you all so much. Your support means the world to me.

They did put her on metronidazole because she was having some diarrhea. She has not taken it in a couple of days because I wasn't able to force her to take it yesterday, and then she didn't get any today because of the surgery. But I wonder if they are going to put her back on it tomorrow.

I just got back from visiting her at the animal hospital (which is 24 hours, and you can visit anytime, which is nice). I can tell she's getting great care - while I was there several vets and vet techs stopped by her little area to say hi and tell me how much they adore Violet and how cute she is. She has a habit of "french kissing" people - licking their lips or teeth while their mouths are open. LOL. One of the vet techs said "oh, your baby is the one who french kissed me!" Ha. Yup, that's her!

Anyway, seeing her was awful. She was still coming off the anesthesia, so she was shaking, and she has the tube up her nose and an IV. She looked miserable. The incision on her tummy is so long! I knew it would be longer than a normal spay incision, as they had to do the spay and look at her intestines, but it was her entire little tummy! I wasn't prepared for how terrible the staples would look. I cried, especially because she just seemed so weak and out of it. I know that's mostly the anesthesia, but it was just so sad.

The are feeding her dextrose through her nose tube every 4 hours, to try to build up her strength. I just hope it stays down!

I am going to try to go back around 9 or 10 and visit her again. I have my fingers crossed that she can come home tomorrow, but if she is still not doing well, I'm going to tell them to keep her another night - I want to know that she is hydrated and getting the dextrose and everything. As much as I want her to come home, I'm afraid she'll come home and refuse to eat anything and we'll just be back at the vet in 2 days, anyway.

Thanks again for all of your well wishes. I feel so much better just knowing there are others who understand how much my little yorkie baby means to me!
sarahcals is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!