View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #14
Bhikku
YT Addict

Quote:
Then tonight, I'm standing out in the cold waiting for our little guy to pee. He pooped and then wanted to come in. I took him around in our yard and then got soo upset for not peeing after 10 minutes that i gave him a spanking. He yelped and my wife got so pissed that I'm now in the dog house (rightfully so). I should not have spanked the dog but I am seriously at my whits end. For some reason this has been extremely stressful for me.
I'm not going to bash you for spanking, because I'm not against a puppy getting swatted on the rump now and again for dire transgressions (like growling/snapping, destroying something valuable) but you really should not have spanked the dog out of nowhere when he didn't pee in the yard. He probably had no clue what he was being punished for. If you use physical punishment, just like with a kid, you have to catch them in the act. Otherwise, they don't understand.

Quote:
I am so tired of cleaning up pee and poop. I cleaned up less when I was potting training my kids. I started retraining Fergie again, confining her to the kitchen. But as soon as she gets the chance, she will dash out of the kitchen and pee in the living room on the hardwood floor, or in any of the bedrooms or wherever she feels like it. My husband just came out to the kitchen to inform me that she yet again peed on the carpet in the hall way. I'm at my whits end.

Are you using an enzyme cleaner like Nature's Miracle or any of the others you can get at a pet store? If you aren't, the dog can still smell where it went in the house before, and will continue to do so.

Have you tried crate training? It's a big help for dogs that have housebreaking issues. My pup is going to be confined to the crate whenever unsupervised as soon as he's old enough to hold his bladder for four hours.

Try tying a leash/harness to your belt and keeping an eye on her that way. Then she can't sneak off to do her thing. (I'm having this issue with my pup as well.) If she starts to have an accident while she's on lead in the house, she'll be within reach for instant correction.

How often do you take her out? How old is she?
Bhikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!