View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #11
Harley_chik
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdustmops View Post
Hmm maybe I am reading this wrong but it certainly doesn't read that the owner is to smart either...it took the bank teller to tell her not to hand over the $$$ and now she is stating she wishes she could give her the $$$..
I have to agree and not just b/c she wants to give the woman the money. She drove a woman, who hangs out w/ car thieves, to her bank! Honestly, she's lucky there wasn't a much worse outcome. Who leaves a LV purse sitting out in their car? Who carries around $2000 and leaves it in their car? I wonder if she left the keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked? I'm glad the teller has more sense. These people stole a loaner car and the police have to answer to the cars owner as well. It really sounds like that woman has more money than sense.

I guess I'm just a really good person, but I would feel like scum for excepting $5000 just for helping someone get their baby back. $50 or $100 bucks if they really insisted would be fine, but not $5000. Anyone else?

Bottomline I'm glad she got her dog back and I hope she learned her lesson. Never, never, never leave your purse in your car where people can see it. I don't leave anything worth any kind of money out. That includes my iPod, cell phone, etc. The same goes for expensive little dogs like Yorkies. Criminals know how much these dogs are worth. They can easily resell them or ransom them.

Last edited by Harley_chik; 11-10-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Harley_chik is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!