View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 06:12 AM   #11
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyAnn101 View Post
I have just added a 5th yorkie to my home about three weeks ago. His name is Pee Wee. He is 7 months old, and weighs 2.3lbs. When he first came home I noticed that he did not have very good balance, and sometimes held his head funny, and rubbed his right ear alot. I took him to my normal vet, and he said that all was fine. I feed Merrick wet and dry food. He has always ate good, and played with the other babies. Sunday was just a normal day of playing. They were in and out of the house all day. I left for about an hour, and when I came home he could not stand up, he was holding his head to the side, throwing up, and being very wobbly. I took him to the ER Vet. They ran all the blood work. Everything came back normal, but he was still acting this way. She did find that he had a ear infection in his right ear. They cleaned his ears and started him on medication. I allowed them to keep him overnight because she said he could have been having a seziure. He was a little better yesterday, and last night. They told me that he could have a inner ear infection that was causing him to be unbalanced all this time. I am praying that is what is wrong with my little baby, and it possible could be what is going on with your baby too. I would have it checked agian just to be sure.
i am so glad the ER vet took the time to find out what was going on with your little guy.
you made the right choice taking him in, and I hope that he starts feeling all better quickly.
at 2.3 lbs he is a tiny one . i'd be frantic if this happened to my Suzi.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!