View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #13
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieChick1 View Post
Wow, Suzy, I hope little Emma will sleep it off tonight!! Sounds so scary, it is amazing how fast they can get sick!! Their systems' just get out any bacteria right away, and then they are usually feeling fine. Make sure she drinks some water since she vomited so much. I hope you all get a peaceful night and that her tummy is back to normal tomorrow.
You're right-I think she got rid of it all so quickly. It's great their little bodies have such a great defense mechanism built right in so they DON'T get very sick. It just seemed so awful at the time, but she was back to her normal self within a half hour. But...I wasn't waiting for her to get WORSE in that half hour, so we took her in right away.

Instead of water, I gave her a small bowl of Pedialyte this AM and she GULPED it down, I think my poor princess was so dehydrated from all that puking and pooing...I gave her some more before we left for the day since she was doing 200% better, and most of it was gone when I got home-good girl!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!