View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #8
vwill
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorka View Post
Thank You, VWill,
Itraconazole is the med what vet suggested for my puppy.
We'd been trying to avoid oral med for 2 months, using medicated rx shampoo, Tresaderm topical solution, Chlotrimazole ointment-nothing works.
Now Bella is a little older and bigger (4 moths and 2 lbs 14 oz) and I hope she will tolerate it well, I'm sooo tired to see her suffering.
How much did you pay for Itraconazole? Was it in liquid or in capsules?
We tried the same things with Oliver. We tried the medicated shampoo, Tresaderm and even sulfur dips -- nothing worked :-( Poor little thing! It was just a really stubborn ringworm. I think the Itraconazole was about $55 for a 4 week supply. Oliver had no problems with it whatsoever. The medicine comes in a pill that was too large for the vet to cut (it needed to be tiny), so he had to send it to a lab to have it formulated into a liquid. The lab made it peanut butter flavor, so Oliver looooved it.

I think the oral meds will definitely work for your puppy too! I hope that helps her and she gets all better really soon! We just struggled with the ringworm for over 3 months before the meds with no success, and he needed to get rid of it. I know exactly how you feel.
vwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!