View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #7
normagertz
Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 019

Thank you for your reply. My little girl turned 9 weeks and 3 days today. Daizee is so sweet but I am concerned about that cough. Sure hope it is not a collapsing trachea because it can cause them a lot of trouble. From what I read on this post, I am wondering if it could be an infection instead. I don't know if the other girl who was having the coughing problem had a runny nose or eyes or anything when they put her on antibiotics. Hope we hear from some people that had the coughing/heaving problem that had something other than the trachea problem. I just think if it was a trachea problem she would have done it when I got her rather than more than 2 weeks later. It started out with a cough occasionally and then 2 days later really got bad one afternoon. Thus far, I have only given her the cough medicine twice and it has been 4 days. The medicine lasts from 8 to 12 hours. She didn't cough at all today so that is good. I was hoping for some news before I go back to the Vet because am not sure I want them to do an X-ray at this point. Does your puppy cough often?

Thank you for the advice about feeding her. I am going to boil some chicken tomorrow along with some rice. I worry when she eats so little. The vet said her teeth had just broken through the skin so I don't know how well she can chew yet. She must be getting enough food as she gained from 1.4 ounces to 1.9 ounces in 2 weeks. I wasn't this nervous when I had my first child.

Your puppies sound adorable! After you took them back, how long did your friends stepmother keep them? I keep reading that the breeders should keep them for 12 weeks. 7 weeks seemed really too early considering her size but I was only in the midwest for 1 1/2 weeks and wanted her to fly in the cabin with me. Even though she was in the cabin with me, it was a very long exhausting day for her. Her father weighed 3 lbs and the mother 4 lbs so the breeder thinks she will weight between 3 and 4 pounds.

Have a great day! Norma
normagertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!