View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #11
crystalsmom
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wemple2 View Post
Very good question...low protein? The low blood sugar can easily be treated with frequent small feedings...and plenty of rest. Puppies need to sleep a lot. He should be fed every couple hours. Nutrical is good if they are already in a hypoglycemic reaction...but remember the sugar in this may cause him to crash again...he really needs to eat...often. You my have to force feed him with a syringe. If he is drinking water readily...you could put a bit of Karo syrup in his water. This is just enough to keep his glucose up...not enough to cause it to drop again.
Please...please...tell me you will take your baby to a vet ASAP for a thorough check-up. Yes, this must include blood work... with a bile acid test.
Hoping he is doing better...please let us know.
Since this tiny pup is only 1 lb 8oz I was afraid to mention nutrical as well. Your vet needs to give definite instructions on the amount of anything this dog gets. This was an after hrs. emergency vet you went to and they are usually pretty good but you will need your own vet now if you don't have one already. It is better to get to the vet now before it happens again so you have tests and have all your questions answered.
We want to help as much as we can but this has caused death in many yorkies so don't take it lightly and please give us an update. I purchased both my 6 lb. dogs 2 yrs and another at 3 yrs and and I didn't have these problems so please listen to these people here who have gone through this.

crystalsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!