View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 11:47 AM   #6
hreason
Senior Yorkie Talker

Are you in Arkansas? I think I am going to switch Brody to a Natura brand (Innova, California Natural, HealthWise, Karma) food when he becomes an adult. Right now he is on Royal Canin. I looked up Arkansas on the Natura website and only one place in the whole state carries it! That's crazy! I thought Oklahoma was bad...

Do you have any local feed stores near you? You can usually ask a feed store to buy a certain brand of food and they will do it for you. You might even be surprised at the brands that they carry. We found some very high quality foods at our local feed stores.

I wouldn't stock up on too much food at one time because high quality foods don't have a long shelf life. You don't want half your supply to go bad. Right now, I go through 1 3lb. bag per month of the Royal Canin Mini Puppy. So if you could get to a store once every couple of months and buy the 6lb. bag, you would probably be okay.

I understand how you feel about feeding lower quality food. I think Brody might be developing allergies on the Royal Canin, but the allergies could be from something else. Not sure yet. Many vet offices carry Science Diet, so that might not be any help to you. There might be one around though that carries a better quality food. There is a vet in Glenwood, AR that carries Natura products.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!