View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 05:54 AM   #11
ladybugg74
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Which branch would be the best to join?'
I am in the AF. However, I am in the Air National Guard, not active duty. I have been deployed and on many AF active duty bases. I hear from other branches that the AF is treated far better than they.

What are the pros/cons of each branch?
I am not sure of the pros and cons of each, but the AF has treated me pretty good. I have been in for 11 years. It also depends on what kind of job you would like to do. YOu will have to take ASVAB test and see what you test scores qualifies you for. Atleast that is what the AF does,

How long after signing up does a person usually go to training?
It depends on when the next basic training group is scheduled and if there are any openings when you will go.

Do you get paid for your time while at Basic?
Yes, you get paid while you are at basic.

Part of the enlistment process is a physical. You will have to pass the height and weight requirements. AF basic is not as physical challenging from the other branches from what I hear also. But I recommend you start running and doing push ups and sits up to be prepared for what you will be doing. I recommend if you go to Lackland AF Base in Texas for basic that you go during when it is not so hot there. I went June, July and Aug and it was not fun marching in full uniform with sleeves down ect. Way too hot there during those months.

When you speak to recruiters take a list of questions with you and write down what they tell you. Be sure you cover everything.

Good luck!!!!!

Last edited by ladybugg74; 05-18-2008 at 05:57 AM.
ladybugg74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!