View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #15
SophieRose
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Hi. My advice is to follow your vet's recommendation and complete the medication. The meds help prevent further infection in his tummy. Pumpkin (Libby's plain) is great to keep on hand when your pup has poopies or constipated. Just a small amount though with each feeding.

Vomiting and loose stools are the beginning of pancreatitis which is very painful and can be dangerous. Pumpkin will not cure pancreatitis but will help with stools. However, the stomach has to be settled down before you can feed anything new.

Evo is an excellent food but high in protein; I use Orijen. Go to the website and read about the food plus the recommended amount to feed. As I said, it is higher in protein and fat content.

Introduce any new foods very slowly. Charlie is 11, eats Orijen and made the mistake of giving him too much Innova "Evo" venison wet food. Much too rich and he ended up with loose stools, no vomiting. Stopped the wet food, added pumpkin to each meal and still had to be careful how much pumpkin I put in his bowl because if it is too orange, too much pumpkin.

Good luck and we have all learned the hard way how to introduce new foods. Warmly, Deborah
SophieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!