View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 02:47 PM   #10
kezza
Lovin my Pixie Pooh
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggie View Post
I struggle to clean my Yorkies' teeth too, they can't half wriggle when they don't want you to do something!

I do clean my two Skye's teeth. I use a brush & Petrodex toothpaste, poultry flavour. But they're easy about their teeth, when the judge is going over them on the table, they're so good I just say 'Teeth" & they sort of smile to show them
With the Yorkies it's like wrestling a fifty stone bear!

BUT when my eldest was about seven, at the vets for her booster, they were tut-tutting about her teeth & talking general anaesthetics, scrapes etc. We were going on holiday that weekend to Scotland, so said I'd arrange it for later. While there we happened to pass a pet shop with a window display full of this new Yorkie food that had been launched that month, Royal Canin, so I went in to ask about it. She'd been plagued all her life with the trots, lots of antbiotic courses to little avail, so I was always looking for a remedy.
The shop owner was really helpful, gave me lots of leaflets, a special book on it that was his, samples etc.
In the booklet, one of the things it stressed was how the kibble had been specially designed to help sort out the tooth problems that the breed was prone to...all sorts of diagrams showing how far each tooth bit into the stuff like a scientific treatise!
Me, cinic that I am thought, 'Oh yes, pull the other one."

Anyway, I started her on the food. The trots cleared up within a fortnight
Best of all, when I took her for her booster a year later the vet said he'd never seen such clean. healthy teeth on a middle aged Yorkie! He says the same now she's almost 13 ......seems to have forgotten about threatening dentistry!
So now I've got the two younger ones on it as well.
And I'm not on commission for Royal Canin, honest

xx
Meggie
I have seen the video for this Yorkie food on the Royal Canin website..I too was a bit like...hhmmmm yeah right....but pixie is on Royal canin now anyway, her breeder had her on it so i carried on...and she's doing brilliantly on it, so i thought i would give this Royal canin especially for yorkies a try when she's old enough, i think the bag i looked at said from 10 months and pixie is 7 months. I'm glad you mentioned this food and reccommend it!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!