View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 08:41 AM   #6
yorkie318
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thanks for your response. I'm so glad I found this website. It's comforting to hear from other yorkie lovers and not know that I'm just relying on a vet's decision. Although I trust our vet, it ultimately is a business for them. I just want to be 100% sure, so thanks to all who respond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge5353
My vet Dr. Bogdan told me that an un-neutered male can be a little unpleasant to have around your house if you don't plan on breeding him often. Unaltered males usually spray as they mature. They will probably spray in your house, and it can't be fun to have your house smell like that. Also, unaltered males are suceptible (sp?) to certain cancers that altered males won't get. My vet also told me that if there is a female in heat across the street or walking down the side walk and your male senses that, he will do everything in his power to get out of the hous and get to her. Unaltered males can also become a little bit aggressive. If you do decide to get your male neutered, make sure to do it between 4-6 months or whenever your vet recommends to prevent the above problems from happening. Good luck with your decision!

Just like Jennifer, I am so happy that I got Riley neutered and have decided to neuter TJ on Aug. 10. I don't have to worry about them doing any of the above things or getting certain cancers.
yorkie318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!