View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 11:12 AM   #6
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Doll View Post
I prefer it when a seller charges me actual shipping costs (or close to it). I hate it when I'm charged $10 for shipping, and when the package comes, the postage says $2 Offerring free shipping for a certain dollar amount could also be very successful. If I'm only buying items that total $40, but I notice that there's free shipping on orders of $50, then I will look for something else to buy that will give me the free shipping. BTW, I'm just checking out your site now! I might have to wait a couple weeks to place an order (I've been on a doggie shopping frenzy and it's starting to catch up to me ). Good luck with whatever you decide
I also hate when shipping costs seem like they are excessively high. Like when I ordered from G.W. Little - I think it was $10 for three dresses! That just seems excessive to me. I've always disliked having to pay for shipping but I know it's something I have to do if I'm going to shop online. I don't think it's right to overcharge for shipping to make more of a profit (I think people on eBay do this a lot)...shipping should ONLY include the actual shipping cost and any packaging materials you had to use. A flat-rate shipping amount is okay as long as it's reasonable. I also like when you can order a certain amount and get free shipping. If I'm close to the amount, I'll go ahead and buy something else normally to get the free shipping.

When I post items for sale on YT, I always just include the shipping and paypal fee in the price ahead of time instead of saying $8.00 for the dress, $1.00 paypal fee, and $3.00 shipping. I like when I just see an amount and know that's all I have to pay..not that I have to add so much for shipping on top of it
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!