View Single Post
Old 06-29-2004, 06:26 AM   #11
Higgin's Mom
YT 500 Club Member

We bought the canned Pinnacle from a vet clinic in Crystal River. I haven't found a Pinnacle supplier up here yet, but I can get Solid Gold, Natural Choice, and other organics at my wonderful pet shop here.

We are fortunate to have The Kennel Shop, a "chain" of four stores in Maine only. I love them because 1. They carry practically EVERYTHING. 2. They carry only locally grown birds, mice, hamsters, etc. 3. They do NOT carry kittens, cats, puppies, dogs, but instead support our local shelter and urge everyone to adopt. 4. Their prices are the LOWEST anywhere. 5. The people who work there are knowledgeable and super nice.

At the moment we are feeding both dogs Natural Choice kibble. It is made by Nutro (www.nutroproducts.com) and is wheat free. They love the Lamb Meal and Rice Formula for puppies. Pogo HAS to eat what Higgins eats, so he has gained weight on it! Another thing I like about Natural Choice is that it is fairly cheap at $6.00 for a 5 lb bag.

BIG HINT OF THE DAY: It took us awhile to get both dogs to eat ONLY kibble, which is what every vet we have been to recommends. HOW I GOT 'EM TO EAT KIBBLE? Put two shakes of Kraft parmesan cheese on the stiff and mixed it around in the bowl. Both the dogs are "cheeseaholics" and snarfed it all right down! I gradually reduced the cheese until it was just plain ol' kibble and they still snarf it down. Sometimes....not often, but sometimes.....we are smarter than they are!!! And it feels so good!!!!

When we were going through the "picky" stage, I would make sure that Higgins got two extra Lamb Jerky treats, made by Solid Gold, to keep his body chemistry balanced.

Hang tough and make her eat the good stuff! But try it with a little parmesan on it......
Higgin's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!