View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 08:35 PM   #6
AMD
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

All my answers are in blue

Are there any patterns you've gone off of? I drew my pattern using a guide to know how they fit.

How do you decide your sizes? Make your sizes fit whatever size dogs/animals you want to inculde! I offer harnesses for toy dogs, so my sizes are small.

Are any fabrics easier to work with than others? Absolutely. Cotton is very easy to work with.

Are snaps or velcro easier? Velcro is easier for me, but some customers don't like velcro, and that's when snaps come in handy!! Snaps have to be sewn on by hand, so take that into consideration. DO NOT get the self adheisive velcro. My machine would not sew through it. It would make the needle sticky and would catch the thread and make a huge mess. I couldn't find a certain color, so I tried the sticky-backed stuff and it didn't work at all.

Are you required to have some sort of business license? (I realize you should be charging tax if you're doing sales your state) You would have to check with the laws in your state.

How do you work things with your taxes? Again, check with the laws of your state.

What's the best way to do shipping? I use Priority flat rate.

What are the fees like for paypal? Ebay? I don't sell anything on ebay, so I don't know, but as for PayPal, I get charged 2.9% +$0.30 per transaction.

Hope that gives you a better idea.

AMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!