Thread: First Timer!
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 06:51 AM   #6
tegamom1
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonBarbati View Post
Great thanks for the advice! I don't want to be a big time breeder like a kennel or anything, I just want to have the puppies around every once in a while. Do you think it's not worth it to breed considering there are so many yorkie breeders as it is?? I don't want to make a profit. I would probably only ask for however much the vet bills are. I also don't want to show my yorkies but I do want to bring quality to the breed. I can definitely understand that! I know that Scouts pedigree is very good I just want to make sure that everything is done correctly. Thanks again!
Being a big time breeder or kennel or just breeding once or twice, the reasons for either breeding or not breeding are the same. Just think down the road, how many puppies "just once in a while" can produce, and reproduce, and reproduce..... Like Ladyhawk and Lisatodd have explained, have you had you dog evaluated by either a judge, handler, or experienced exhibitor/breeder? Have you done all the testing that should be done? Have you studied and researched your pedigree completely and know exactly what each line produces, the good and the bad? You must remember, it's not just your dog, but the grandparents, greatgrand parents, etc. There is just so much involved with correct breeding unless you have the time and the money it takes, leave it for those who do. I'm seriously not trying to be harsh or offend you in any way, I just want what's best for the breed and I am so glad you came here looking for advice. We have some very reputable, exhibitor/breeders and handlers that are always willing to help.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!