View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 04:43 PM   #6
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywillis View Post
Thanks for your replies,

So you think I should slowly add vegetables, I am just cautious, as I don't want the diorrhea back, She has only been on this for a week so will give it another week so I can monitor her poops, and will then start.
I know my other yorkie will pick out the veg though he is a fussier eater.
I will definatly look for a supliment. Would this not upset her too?

I buy cheap whole small chickens (2 per week), boil until it falls apart, once cools, it's really easy to pick from the bone. I keep the stock to make soup with.
I just use boiled rice.You could cook the rice in the chicken stock for extra flavour.
if you are using white rice.. see if you can slowly switch to brown.. just better for them... as for the veggies and suppliment.. if this homecooking is something you plan on contiuing for a while they will need more than just chicken and rice. so i'd HIGHLY recommend both! jsut start slow.. if the suppliement says 1 tsp.. start with 1/8 of a tsp.. and work your way up.. if you can REALLY grind up carrotts in a food processor and mix it in with the food.. start with a small amount and see how she reacts... carrotts are fibre which will help with the poops quite a bit!! you might also want to try a yogurt... plain... one like BioBest or something... as long as it has Pro Biotic Cultures.. yogurt is great at putting back the natural bacteria that dogs need in their stomach.. and if your little one is losing everything in the diarrhea the yogurt will really help her stomach go back to normal... Layla gets about 1-2 tsp a day..so try starting with 1/2 tsp. i think if you do all of these things you'll see a big improvement... especially the homecooking. if you have more questions.. keep em coming. i'll do my bes t
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!