Thread: Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #1
shimbo
Yorkie Talker

Default Help!!!

Hi, I am very new....my 12 year old yorkie has had sign of collapase trachea...

Well, after coming back from an overnight trip....I left her with a good friend....when i picked her up i noticed her cough was so persistent and very very unusual then normal....you can say, very loud goose like sound...lots of snorting...etc etc...rather then just a mere couple of secs...its ongoing.....and i know she is having a hard time breathing...

when i took her home...i watched to make sure it would clear up or go away...knowing she probably was so nervous and anxious cause of her unusal settings and there were other dogs there...

finally, i couldn't stand to see her gasping for breathe....note, she still manages to eat and drink...everything else...but her gasping and large sound is just way not normal..........

i took her to the german emgenecy vet...mind you, we are stationed her...and onbase vet is closed on weekend....the german vet didn't seem concerned but she tried to check her heart rate.,...unable to because of her loud noises she was making...she was overly excited and just couldn't seem to calm down....the vet finally game a shot of something to make her calm and another to clear out her lungs....unfortunately, it still didn't work...and could not hear anything.....she really was no help....and just prescibed something that will clear her lungs....or easier to breathe.....she wanted me to continue giving antiobiotics...

Well, now its 2:30am here in germany...and my poor dog is or sounds like she is suffering.................i have never ever heard her like this nor this lung....i have no idea what triggered the cough or her new conditions and symtoms....i hate to ask my friend...who seemed concerned but really it would not be her fault...

anyways, i would have to wait till monday morning...to head to on post vet...right now, the vet said, they will not be open tomorrow.....

i dont know what to do....she seems to finally fell asleep...but i can hear her right now, still snorting....its like someone congested and having a hard time breathing...is there anything i can give her besides the meds the vet gave me...i'm so scared that she is totally suffering and will she make it during the eveing...............i don't know what to do...the meds the vet gave me is not working...........

help, thank you
shimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!