View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 02:48 AM   #18
lovmyyorkie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Cry

Oh God!

I can tell you guys stories on this, my 9yr old Buffy has this.

Twice she almost died on, one was Oct 31 2004 she was eating when she had one attack...I already new things were getting really bad with her, so I never took my eyes off of her and saw her fall over. I ran to her not knowing what I was going to do to help her, but I remember my CPR class. The first thing was to clear the air way and that's when I felt the ball of dog food....I pulled it out and she took a deep breath and woke up scared as hell...me too!

Second time was Oct 2005 2:30 am, I was sewing and was going to bed so I picked her off the sofa and she started. I worked on her until 3:30 by this time I went to wake up my hubby so he can say good-by and I just could not do it alone, when I told him how long I had been working on her he jumped and remember something I told him the vet had told me.....He said that when that happens to stand under a fan or in front of a fan, this forces the air in and not so much work for them. Buffy also has a heart murmur so she can have a heart attack going thou this breathing attacks.

Well, long story short that help to keep her calm while hubby got everything to go to Doggie ER were they kept her in oxygen for 4 hrs....we did this twice that same week.

From that experience it forced my vet's to do more test, now she is on heart pill, pill to keep water from building up on her chest and medication for broncho's. We went from have 3-4 breathing attacks a Day to now only having them once every 2-4 Months. The first time she went without an attack for 2 weeks, I want to go out and celebrate, have a drink, dance on a table, something!

So we stayed home with our little family and had a great dinner with the furkids.

I tried different things to help her, but the medication everyday and loosing weight (also very important) has saved her life.

If anyone wants any more info. or share with me anything that has help you or just share a story....feel free to PM me.

Best Wishes to all of you!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!