YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community


Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.

Go Back   YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community > YorkieTalk > General Yorkshire Terrier Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
Senior Yorkie Talker
 
happysparents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 181
Love Please suggest...

Merry Chistmas to all of you. I have been looking for adding another pup and the search is still going on ..

I have finalized one breeder, I do not have their website, but this is their ad on kijiji,

http://vancouver.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-F1-Yorkshire-Terrier-puppies-Yorkie-W0QQAdIdZ439166091

I talked to the lady and she was more than happy to welcome me to view the pups. There are 2 male pups available, one is purebred Yorkie and other has a Biewer mom and Yorkie dad. They are giving written health guarantee for 1 year.

I had an impression that the lady whom I spoke to loves her Yorkies. I will be visiting them tomorrow and then I would try to negotiate. Please suggest which one should I buy - PB Yorkie or the Biewer Yorkie!!
__________________
Happy - yesterday - today - tomorrow and forever...
happysparents is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!

WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com
Old 12-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
Senior Yorkie Talker
 
happysparents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 181
Default

The Yorkies which I have mentioned above are for $1000.

There is another ad on kijiji for Biewer Yorkies.

**New** 5 GEN Teacups Biewer Yorkshire Terrier - Vancouver Dogs & Puppies For Sale - Kijiji Vancouver Canada.

I spoke to them and they are asking $900. They are giving a health guarantee for life threatening congenital diseases. I asked them about MVD/Liver shunt and they said that if any congenital diseases are found, they would replace the pup. But replacing the pup would be more easier for them than me. Also, looking at the photos posted in the ad, I feel they look like shih-tzu. Plus the ad says, they are teacups.

I love the coloring of Biewers. But I dont want to take a decision and end up with an unhealthy pup.
__________________
Happy - yesterday - today - tomorrow and forever...
happysparents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
Donating YT Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SW USA
Posts: 2,218
Default

The ad does not look good to me. Why mixing Biewers and Yorkies? Teacups?
Could be fine but there are red flags. Perhaps Biewer breeders will be better able to comment.

Last edited by dottiesyrky; 12-25-2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Add text
dottiesyrky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
Donating YT 3000 Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 7,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysparents View Post
Merry Chistmas to all of you. I have been looking for adding another pup and the search is still going on ..

I have finalized one breeder, I do not have their website, but this is their ad on kijiji,

http://vancouver.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-F1-Yorkshire-Terrier-puppies-Yorkie-W0QQAdIdZ439166091

I talked to the lady and she was more than happy to welcome me to view the pups. There are 2 male pups available, one is purebred Yorkie and other has a Biewer mom and Yorkie dad. They are giving written health guarantee for 1 year.

I had an impression that the lady whom I spoke to loves her Yorkies. I will be visiting them tomorrow and then I would try to negotiate. Please suggest which one should I buy - PB Yorkie or the Biewer Yorkie!!


I couldn't give an honest opinion with just this ad. Ask her if she has a website, a copy of the health guarantee....pm her name if she doesn't have a site. Then I for one, could get a better answer. The only thing I see is these pics are very staged. You will notice that many of our breeders post pics and they are in a natural setting, I can't explain exactly what I mean but to me I see pics like these from greeders all the time.

__________________
The Above advice/comments/reviews are my personal opinions based on my own experience/education/investigation and research and you can take them any way you want to......Or NOT!!!
lynzy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
Donating YT 3000 Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 7,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysparents View Post
The Yorkies which I have mentioned above are for $1000.

There is another ad on kijiji for Biewer Yorkies.

**New** 5 GEN Teacups Biewer Yorkshire Terrier - Vancouver Dogs & Puppies For Sale - Kijiji Vancouver Canada.

I spoke to them and they are asking $900. They are giving a health guarantee for life threatening congenital diseases. I asked them about MVD/Liver shunt and they said that if any congenital diseases are found, they would replace the pup. But replacing the pup would be more easier for them than me. Also, looking at the photos posted in the ad, I feel they look like shih-tzu. Plus the ad says, they are teacups.

I love the coloring of Biewers. But I dont want to take a decision and end up with an unhealthy pup.


This is a greeder for sure. This ad is full of greeder sales tactics and I wouldn't even entertain the thought of purchasing a pup from someone who uses TeaCup....perhaps the most despised word on YT? anyway, this ad is full of red flags....

__________________
The Above advice/comments/reviews are my personal opinions based on my own experience/education/investigation and research and you can take them any way you want to......Or NOT!!!
lynzy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
Donating YT Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SW USA
Posts: 2,218
Default Greedier?

I agree, looks like one. Re reading the ad, they specialize in teacups. Uh oh.
Also I am sure Biewer breeders would not agree that Biewers are just black and white Yorkies?
dottiesyrky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
Senior Yorkie Talker
 
happysparents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 181
Default Thanks..

Thanks for your replies. My thought is to visit the lady who has posted the below ad

F1 Yorkshire Terrier puppies (Yorkie) - Delta/Surrey/Langley Dogs & Puppies For Sale - Kijiji Delta/Surrey/Langley Canada.

I would like to see the pups and then decide. I agree that pups are being setup to take photos. I would read the written health guarantee and would post it here. I will aslo try to get few pics of the pups.

But my question is, whether I should go for the Biewer-Yorkie pup or the purebred Yorkie. Does breeding a female Biewer and male Yorkie has any issues?

I live in BC, Canada and could not find any pups available at this time. There is another Yorkie for re-homing from a "Registered Breeder". The story of the pup is that, he was sold to an elderly lady in summer but she could not take care of the pup. And the breeder is helping her to re-home the pup. I called the breeder and asked for health guarantee. She denied it.

Then I asked if the pup has some congenital disease which will be discovered later on like MVD. Her reply shocked me. This is her reply as quoted,
"What is MVD? I have not even heard of it"
I promptly replied answering her question. And she said,
"Aw. I dont even know if Yorkies can even get this by their parents. I have done health check up of both parents and they are healthy".

This made me feel that she is breeding for money. So, I just left the thought of buying from her.

However, on the contrary the lady with 2 male pups (Biwerer-Yorkie and PB Yorkie) looked very knowledgeable. I spoke to her husband first and he said, he doesn't know much about Yorkies and is handing over the phone to his wife who loves Yorkies. Now, this can also be a quoted statement, but the truth can only be found out when I visit them.
__________________
Happy - yesterday - today - tomorrow and forever...
happysparents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
Donating YT 3000 Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 7,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysparents View Post
Thanks for your replies. My thought is to visit the lady who has posted the below ad

F1 Yorkshire Terrier puppies (Yorkie) - Delta/Surrey/Langley Dogs & Puppies For Sale - Kijiji Delta/Surrey/Langley Canada.

I would like to see the pups and then decide. I agree that pups are being setup to take photos. I would read the written health guarantee and would post it here. I will aslo try to get few pics of the pups.

But my question is, whether I should go for the Biewer-Yorkie pup or the purebred Yorkie. Does breeding a female Biewer and male Yorkie has any issues?

I live in BC, Canada and could not find any pups available at this time. There is another Yorkie for re-homing from a "Registered Breeder". The story of the pup is that, he was sold to an elderly lady in summer but she could not take care of the pup. And the breeder is helping her to re-home the pup. I called the breeder and asked for health guarantee. She denied it.

Then I asked if the pup has some congenital disease which will be discovered later on like MVD. Her reply shocked me. This is her reply as quoted,
"What is MVD? I have not even heard of it"
I promptly replied answering her question. And she said,
"Aw. I dont even know if Yorkies can even get this by their parents. I have done health check up of both parents and they are healthy".

This made me feel that she is breeding for money. So, I just left the thought of buying from her.

However, on the contrary the lady with 2 male pups (Biwerer-Yorkie and PB Yorkie) looked very knowledgeable. I spoke to her husband first and he said, he doesn't know much about Yorkies and is handing over the phone to his wife who loves Yorkies. Now, this can also be a quoted statement, but the truth can only be found out when I visit them.
I agree that you should visit the homes, I however would still NOT recommend the second ad because of her obvious greeder tactics. Breeding Yorkies and Biewers IMHO is fine, theres the whole gene thing etc., Biewers, remember, come from Yorkies....there are plenty of threads here on the Biewer/Yorkie thing...safe to say its fine. I have a standard Yorkie and a Biewer...neither of mine best represent the breed as they are both poorly bred and riddled with congenital defects and prone to illness...I can't tell you how important it is to check the person you are buying from out thoroughly. See what you can find out and post, we will do our best to help you.
__________________
The Above advice/comments/reviews are my personal opinions based on my own experience/education/investigation and research and you can take them any way you want to......Or NOT!!!
lynzy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
Donating YT Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SW USA
Posts: 2,218
Default Pup

Please be careful. Seeing the dogs does not always prove much. She could import them from a mill or anything. Hope some real breeders here will help with your decision making, and suggest the right things to look for if you do visit.
dottiesyrky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #10
Donating YT 3000 Club Member
 
Verbena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: with my flying monkeys
Posts: 15,617
Blog Entries: 7
Default

I agree. The first one is mixing Biewer with yorkie. Any breeder that is a reputable breeder would not mix the two. Biewer breeders only breed Biewer to Biewer. The second one is definilty a greeder. Anyone that uses the word teacup and also you really could not see the pups. Not good. I would keep looking. Do you want a Biewer or a yorkie?
__________________
Teri . . .
Galen Jameson Frazier Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Pandora MorganaLe Fae Saber Tooth Tiger and Pussy Willow
Verbena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #11
Donating YT 3000 Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 7,652
Default

Question, is the lady you talked to named Merta, by any chance?
__________________
The Above advice/comments/reviews are my personal opinions based on my own experience/education/investigation and research and you can take them any way you want to......Or NOT!!!
lynzy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #12
Senior Yorkie Talker
 
happysparents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynzy420 View Post
Question, is the lady you talked to named Merta, by any chance?
Yep. Her name was Merta or Martha. Do you have any information regarding her?
__________________
Happy - yesterday - today - tomorrow and forever...
happysparents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #13
Donating YT Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SW USA
Posts: 2,218
Default B or Y?

Verbena. That is what I understood. I thought that Biewer breeders were proud of the heritage and B lines. In this ad I could not understand what it was describing, a Yorkie Biewer mix or what? Also to be proud to breed teacups is not best. Did not sound like an expert breeder.
dottiesyrky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #14
Donating YT 3000 Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 7,652
Default

Please see if she has a website and copy of health guarantee, while your waiting for that info. keep searching.... Have you checked YT for any breeders? Is it really not plausible to travel for a Yorkie? I just want to see you get a great Pup...
__________________
The Above advice/comments/reviews are my personal opinions based on my own experience/education/investigation and research and you can take them any way you want to......Or NOT!!!
lynzy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #15
Donating YT Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SW USA
Posts: 2,218
Default Merat

Sounds very mysterious. LOL! What's with Merta? I understand if you can't say.
;-)

Again my iPad changed Merta into Merat??? Hope it does not do it again!

Last edited by dottiesyrky; 12-25-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Text add
dottiesyrky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Google
 

SHOP NOW: Amazon :: eBay :: Buy.com :: Newegg :: PetStore :: Petco :: PetSmart


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2003 - 2013 YorkieTalk.com
Privacy Policy - Terms of Use

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157