YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community

Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.

Go Back   YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community > Breeding / Showing / Traveling > Breeder, Vet, & Groomer Reviews
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #46
Yorkie Yakker

I'm thinking it's the breeder too, because just up a ways megansmomma plainly states that there are other Posts on her, here and on Google. And Cudo's to you for standing up for your baby and his predicament as to how he was treated before you got him. My little man suffered from Tracheal collapse until surgery, but it is still collapsing slowly in the chest area. Or at least I hope slowly. Tons of Hugs for your little one.
nonnasangels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!

Old 12-17-2014, 05:06 AM   #47
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Response from the breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerryn915 View Post
It has been bothering me lately and I have been a little torn bc on one hand I love my little boy so much and I wouldn't have him if it weren't for Kim balas, but on the other hand I do feel as though she is not breeding for quality. Her website "mistibleu yorkie", looks good and I spent a lot of time reading the reviews and actually spoke to Kim a few times before paying a deposit and making the 6 hr trip to pick up my boy. I see now that her website is outdated and maybe back in 2008 she did breed quality dogs. But my Frankie was severely malnourished and actually was eating his own poop!! Something that he doesn't do now. Poor boy would shake and scoff his food down like it was his last meal! I feel as though she purposely underfeeds her dogs to keep them at a small weight so she can optimize her profit. He had a bad ear infection also and he broke his leg (which I still believe was due to the malnutrition and possibly a previous injury). Another red flag was when I calledd her to ask about any previous injury to his leg as the break happened a day after I picked him up, she told me that the vet will insist on surgery but to just go with the cheaper option of casting! Which BTW was not even an option as both bones in his forearm were broken and he needed an orthopedic surgeon to place pins and luckily after 12 weeks he is walking perfectly again. The only other option would have been amputation which I was not prepared to do to a 10 month old puppy! So after I paid a hefty price and drive for hrs I had to pay another $2600 plus the 12 weeks of cast changes and X-rays! I guess I'm putting this out there as a warning for anyone else who may come across Kim balas. If you look at her website I also wonder now why all her puppies are over a year old. My boy was very scared and very unsocialized. Which also shows that her dogs are not socialized and probably living in a back room alone with one food bowl to feed who knows how many dogs! And she never ever followed up to see how his surgery went and if he was recovering from his broken leg! What kind of reputable breeder wouldn't check up on an injured baby? Ok rant over!! Plz beware of Kim balas and mistibleu yorkies! Her website is ryorkies.com
Hello, I am Kim Balas, the owner of Mistibleu Yorkies and the breeder that is being discussed in this thread. You can imagine my disappointment when I received news of this thread from a friend of mine. Before I address the specific issues from Kerryn915 I would like to give a little background on myself.
I have been breeding and showing Yorkshire Terriers according to AKC standards for over 15 years now. All my dogs are sold after receiving all of their shots/wormings including the rabies vaccine. They are also neutered/spayed before they leave for their forever home. I prefer to spay/neuter my dogs because it requires a vet with experience in neutering/spaying these small 2 to 3 pound dogs.
Although it was not required by NYS law at the time Kerryn915 adopted Frankie I provided her and as well as every new owner with a health certificate from my veterinarian. My veterinarian would not put his reputation in jeopardy by intentionally issuing a health certificate on a dog/puppy with health issues. The veterinarian spends time with each puppy/dog checking for any structural issues and making sure they don’t have worms, fleas, ear, eyes, nose, mouth or issues. I provide this health certificate and a rabies certificate as well as a shot record on each and every puppy/dog this is for the benefit of new owners and the pet they have adopted as it helps to prevent duplication of treatments.
All my dogs are registered with AKC. My dogs/puppies are raised with me in my home, underfoot. My Home is inspected every two years by AKC as is required. I also receive a copy for my records. In addition, I am required by AKC to keep full written records on my dogs and their litters. All of my records are carefully checked during the AKC inspection. If you were truly told by your veterinarian that your dog was two years old when it was actually only ten months old, perhaps you might want to consider looking for another veterinarian?
Regarding the other statements made by Kerryn915:
All of my puppies/dogs have a bath the same day they go to their new homes without exception. I am sure it was no different for Frankie before Kerryn915 took him home. This being said, I can not see how he could have been dirty. Kerryn915 must have also seen Frankie walking on the floor using all four of his legs without limping or showing any signs of pain. That said if Frankie did in fact have a broken leg when she picked him up he would have been in pain and limping. Why would you accept a dog that is obviously injured? Answer- you wouldn't, furthermore, I would not have been able to get a health certificate from my veterinarian if the puppy/dog had any of the health issues that Kerryn915 has stated in her posts. I would especially like to address the un-socialized issue of which she is accusing me. Let's take a step back and think; new puppy/dog, new home and right off the bat a broken leg... If you stop and think about it what Kerryn915 has described as un-socialized is a puppy/dog in pain and afraid.
I try to ensure as best as I can that my dogs will be cared for and that the new owners are responsible enough to take care of a very small dog, which in most cases, is going to weigh less than 7 pounds. Being small puts these dogs in a special-needs category. They cannot jump up on a couch or chair nor can they jump down from a couch or a chair, or a bed for that matter. They are not the best pet for very young children as they can be dropped or hurt unintentionally. Please try to put yourself in my shoes and imagine how I felt when I received the call from Kerryn915 stating that her Frankie's leg had been broken (and was there something I wasn't telling her?) within hours of Frankie being in her possession. I was upset for my puppy/dog and was angry with myself thinking I had made a mistake in selling the dog to Kerryn915. Yorkies do not break their legs just walking around. Something had to have happened in order to have caused Frankie's leg to break. Once a Yorkie leaves my home, I am no longer in charge of the puppy/dog. At the point that Kerryn915 took possession she became the new owner, and the responsible protector of this puppy/dog. Again, as I was not there I can’t say what series of events took place. I did receive one call from Kerryn915 (only one) regarding Frankie's leg. At that time she was very upset and understandably so. She asked for my advice regarding what she should do stating that money was a issue. At that time I said as a last resort casting was a possible option if she could not afford the surgery. As Frankie was in her care when the leg was broken, I anticipated hearing updates from her and I received none, nor do I recall receiving an x-ray of Frankie's leg. Again, I am not sure how this would change how this would change anything regarding Frankie as his leg was broken after she had taken possession of him. If his leg had been broken as a result of a pre-existing condition as she has suggested I was never provided with any evidence of this. My vet would not have issued a health certificate if he had identified any pre-existing conditions.
In regards Kerryn915 comment on Frankie eating stool, if you do a internet search on “reasons for dogs eating stool”, you will find that there are many suspected reasons for this behavior. I was horrified when I saw this for the first time so I went directly to the vet and he felt that I was feeding a food with too much protein in it and I needed to get a less protein food. I did this and it corrected itself to a degree, but keeping the poop picked up right away was a must and I had to make sure to do this. My dogs are all free fed and they always have food in their bowls.
I have noted that Kerryn915 has made quite a few contradictions in her statements, but it appears that her biggest complaint towards me is that she believes that I should be responsible for paying for Frankie's injury, an injury which occurred after he was in her possession.
As for my website not being up to date, I have recently moved and I had no new puppies to sell. I do not ever push my puppies/dogs out the door before they are ready, after all I helped deliver each of them and they are my responsibility when they are in my care and only I can decide when they are ready for a new home and where that new home and family will be.
If you take the time to read my site you will note that I have to know the home is right for the puppy/dog and it will be a forever home. It takes a lot of time, money and the expertise of a good vet in order for me to place a dog/puppy it is not a money making business, it is however a labor of love and a hobby with the responsibility of breeding the best Yorkshire Terrier that you can.
Kimby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:16 AM   #48
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afeelinfit View Post
I am not the breeder. Would you like to see my driver's license. Please don't assume.

Thank you!
Interesting how you came to YT yesterday and posts 2 to 15 are all in support of a breeder who has MULTIPLE complain threads on the forum AND you bumped up a thread from July to support your breeder.

That's great you have 3 yorkies from the breeder but the previous posts by others say they've had experiences quite different than yours.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #49
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
I only found yorkie talk after I was looking for advice on broken legs. I have seen that thread from searching the forums, but I feel as though I needed to post a more recent review. I bought him from Kim in February of this year. He is wonderful thanks for asking!! He's a healthy 4.5 lbs which a is whole lb more than when I got him. He's very fresh and a little over protective of me. So I'm trying to not over baby him as he has been used to special VIP treatment over the past 3 months due to being in a cast and having restricted use of his leg. Even though I paid top dollar for him I still feel as though he was a rescue and he makes it known everyday how much he loves his new life! So to me it's worth every penny. I just hope that there's no future genetic issues that arise.

Kerry your breeder has responded. If you have not looked at the Puppy Lemon Laws for your State I suggest that you do so. I don't recall reading what genetic disease your vet diagnosed, but if there is a vet diagnosis under some State puppy lemon laws you *might* be entitled to some compensation.

Also review your health guarantee that should have been part of your contract of sale, and see if that provides any remedies for you.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #50
Yorkie Yakker

I realize I am new to YT, but I remember my first purchase like it was yesterday, being younger, nieve in the puppy purchasing business, I wanted a little baby so bad, I never even thought of reading up, I just assumed puppy breeders were all good people. De Ta De on me. I purchased my baby boy before he was ready, from a person I even knew somewhat, they always seemed so nice and all. I was called when the puppy was 5 weeks old, told he was weened and that I should come pick him up. So I did, he was only 6" long. I knew he was too young to be leaving his momma, so I inquired as to why so young, and their reply was that he was already weened from his momma. I had to bottle feed him for a few more weeks until he could eat soft food on his own. I had a neighbor 2 blocks over from me who also bought a little girl from them. We were talking one day and she mentioned that she had asked how big her baby would get. She said that the lady we both knew, had told her to give her only one fourth of a jar of baby food a day, and when she started eating dry food only feed her very small portions twice a day.
So yes you can starve a puppy into staying smaller than normal. I have asked my Vet at that time and he said yes if a puppy is malnutritioned, as just like with human babies, then their size is definately Altered due to the lack of Vitamins and Minerals they need to develope healthy bone growth and brain, heart and organ development. I decided then that my puppy would have a bowl of food at all times. He would be the size he was meant to be, because I could not fathom starving him to death. He did only get to be 5 pounds, but he was the healthiest little 5 pounder. He lived to be 17 before going to Puppy Heaven 8 years ago.
And as for eating Poop it is most often because they are lacking in some vitamin and nutrients they need. Not always, but most often. Make sure your vet keeps up on your puppies bloodwork just like your doctor does yours with Health Checks twice a year.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #51
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnasangels2 View Post
I realize I am new to YT, but I remember my first purchase like it was yesterday, being younger, nieve in the puppy purchasing business, I wanted a little baby so bad, I never even thought of reading up, I just assumed puppy breeders were all good people. De Ta De on me. I purchased my baby boy before he was ready, from a person I even knew somewhat, they always seemed so nice and all. I was called when the puppy was 5 weeks old, told he was weened and that I should come pick him up. So I did, he was only 6" long. I knew he was too young to be leaving his momma, so I inquired as to why so young, and their reply was that he was already weened from his momma. I had to bottle feed him for a few more weeks until he could eat soft food on his own. I had a neighbor 2 blocks over from me who also bought a little girl from them. We were talking one day and she mentioned that she had asked how big her baby would get. She said that the lady we both knew, had told her to give her only one fourth of a jar of baby food a day, and when she started eating dry food only feed her very small portions twice a day.
So yes you can starve a puppy into staying smaller than normal. I have asked my Vet at that time and he said yes if a puppy is malnutritioned, as just like with human babies, then their size is definately Altered due to the lack of Vitamins and Minerals they need to develope healthy bone growth and brain, heart and organ development. I decided then that my puppy would have a bowl of food at all times. He would be the size he was meant to be, because I could not fathom starving him to death. He did only get to be 5 pounds, but he was the healthiest little 5 pounder. He lived to be 17 before going to Puppy Heaven 8 years ago.
And as for eating Poop it is most often because they are lacking in some vitamin and nutrients they need. Not always, but most often. Make sure your vet keeps up on your puppies bloodwork just like your doctor does yours with Health Checks twice a year.
I do apologize to afeelinfit for my outspokeness yesterday, one should never put their foot where their mouth is without knowing the facts first and I am sorry for my remark.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #52
Yorkie Talker

@nonnasangels2 - I accept your apology and thank you for the apology. I came on here, yes to defend my breeder/friend. As I said, I purchased three dogs from her and obviously built a relationship with her. My oldest dog is 7 and my youngest 3. It seemed everyone wanted to attack me or accuse me of being her...Why, because I had a great experience with her? And as for me being her friend, I know I have become friends with my hairstylist, my manicurist just to name a few and why wouldn't I be loyal to them if they deserved it?
afeelinfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #53
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah635kandi View Post
A reputable Yorkie breeder doesn't let a puppy go to it's new home until it's between 12-16 weeks old depending on size. Can you enlighten me as to how you go about stunting the growth of a Yorkie puppy by starving for 12-16 weeks to keep it from growing at a normal pace so that it can be sold as a tiny version of it's normal self? If that were true wouldn't everyone do it and put the brokers who import korean lines that are inbred and micro tiny and sold to uneducated people who are willing to pay $5-10,000 to get one, out of business?
There are not that many reputable breeders and bad breeders will try to keep the puppy's as small at possible to maximize profit. I don't care if you believe it or not it happens.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #54
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimby44 View Post
Hello, I am Kim Balas, the owner of Mistibleu Yorkies and the breeder that is being discussed in this thread. You can imagine my disappointment when I received news of this thread from a friend of mine. Before I address the specific issues from Kerryn915 I would like to give a little background on myself.
I have been breeding and showing Yorkshire Terriers according to AKC standards for over 15 years now. All my dogs are sold after receiving all of their shots/wormings including the rabies vaccine. They are also neutered/spayed before they leave for their forever home. I prefer to spay/neuter my dogs because it requires a vet with experience in neutering/spaying these small 2 to 3 pound dogs.
Although it was not required by NYS law at the time Kerryn915 adopted Frankie I provided her and as well as every new owner with a health certificate from my veterinarian. My veterinarian would not put his reputation in jeopardy by intentionally issuing a health certificate on a dog/puppy with health issues. The veterinarian spends time with each puppy/dog checking for any structural issues and making sure they don’t have worms, fleas, ear, eyes, nose, mouth or issues. I provide this health certificate and a rabies certificate as well as a shot record on each and every puppy/dog this is for the benefit of new owners and the pet they have adopted as it helps to prevent duplication of treatments.
All my dogs are registered with AKC. My dogs/puppies are raised with me in my home, underfoot. My Home is inspected every two years by AKC as is required. I also receive a copy for my records. In addition, I am required by AKC to keep full written records on my dogs and their litters. All of my records are carefully checked during the AKC inspection. If you were truly told by your veterinarian that your dog was two years old when it was actually only ten months old, perhaps you might want to consider looking for another veterinarian?
Regarding the other statements made by Kerryn915:
All of my puppies/dogs have a bath the same day they go to their new homes without exception. I am sure it was no different for Frankie before Kerryn915 took him home. This being said, I can not see how he could have been dirty. Kerryn915 must have also seen Frankie walking on the floor using all four of his legs without limping or showing any signs of pain. That said if Frankie did in fact have a broken leg when she picked him up he would have been in pain and limping. Why would you accept a dog that is obviously injured? Answer- you wouldn't, furthermore, I would not have been able to get a health certificate from my veterinarian if the puppy/dog had any of the health issues that Kerryn915 has stated in her posts. I would especially like to address the un-socialized issue of which she is accusing me. Let's take a step back and think; new puppy/dog, new home and right off the bat a broken leg... If you stop and think about it what Kerryn915 has described as un-socialized is a puppy/dog in pain and afraid.
I try to ensure as best as I can that my dogs will be cared for and that the new owners are responsible enough to take care of a very small dog, which in most cases, is going to weigh less than 7 pounds. Being small puts these dogs in a special-needs category. They cannot jump up on a couch or chair nor can they jump down from a couch or a chair, or a bed for that matter. They are not the best pet for very young children as they can be dropped or hurt unintentionally. Please try to put yourself in my shoes and imagine how I felt when I received the call from Kerryn915 stating that her Frankie's leg had been broken (and was there something I wasn't telling her?) within hours of Frankie being in her possession. I was upset for my puppy/dog and was angry with myself thinking I had made a mistake in selling the dog to Kerryn915. Yorkies do not break their legs just walking around. Something had to have happened in order to have caused Frankie's leg to break. Once a Yorkie leaves my home, I am no longer in charge of the puppy/dog. At the point that Kerryn915 took possession she became the new owner, and the responsible protector of this puppy/dog. Again, as I was not there I can’t say what series of events took place. I did receive one call from Kerryn915 (only one) regarding Frankie's leg. At that time she was very upset and understandably so. She asked for my advice regarding what she should do stating that money was a issue. At that time I said as a last resort casting was a possible option if she could not afford the surgery. As Frankie was in her care when the leg was broken, I anticipated hearing updates from her and I received none, nor do I recall receiving an x-ray of Frankie's leg. Again, I am not sure how this would change how this would change anything regarding Frankie as his leg was broken after she had taken possession of him. If his leg had been broken as a result of a pre-existing condition as she has suggested I was never provided with any evidence of this. My vet would not have issued a health certificate if he had identified any pre-existing conditions.
In regards Kerryn915 comment on Frankie eating stool, if you do a internet search on “reasons for dogs eating stool”, you will find that there are many suspected reasons for this behavior. I was horrified when I saw this for the first time so I went directly to the vet and he felt that I was feeding a food with too much protein in it and I needed to get a less protein food. I did this and it corrected itself to a degree, but keeping the poop picked up right away was a must and I had to make sure to do this. My dogs are all free fed and they always have food in their bowls.
I have noted that Kerryn915 has made quite a few contradictions in her statements, but it appears that her biggest complaint towards me is that she believes that I should be responsible for paying for Frankie's injury, an injury which occurred after he was in her possession.
As for my website not being up to date, I have recently moved and I had no new puppies to sell. I do not ever push my puppies/dogs out the door before they are ready, after all I helped deliver each of them and they are my responsibility when they are in my care and only I can decide when they are ready for a new home and where that new home and family will be.
If you take the time to read my site you will note that I have to know the home is right for the puppy/dog and it will be a forever home. It takes a lot of time, money and the expertise of a good vet in order for me to place a dog/puppy it is not a money making business, it is however a labor of love and a hobby with the responsibility of breeding the best Yorkshire Terrier that you can.
Do you know all the issues dogs can have from being spayed to early like before 6 moths. It's also no considered adopting when you are buying a puppy. Many many puppy mills and bad breeders can get a health certificate from a vet claiming the puppy is healthy even when it's not as long as the find a vet that is interested in money more than anything else. You say your puppies all end up under 7 pounds, what are the weights of your breeding females?
Old 12-17-2014, 11:34 AM   #55
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afeelinfit View Post
@nonnasangels2 - I accept your apology and thank you for the apology. I came on here, yes to defend my breeder/friend. As I said, I purchased three dogs from her and obviously built a relationship with her. My oldest dog is 7 and my youngest 3. It seemed everyone wanted to attack me or accuse me of being her...Why, because I had a great experience with her? And as for me being her friend, I know I have become friends with my hairstylist, my manicurist just to name a few and why wouldn't I be loyal to them if they deserved it?
No because your first post was on here and you were nasty. You also tried to say things that where false. I also think it's important you know it's against the rules to create multiple user names.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #56
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Do you know all the issues dogs can have from being spayed to early like before 6 moths. It's also no considered adopting when you are buying a puppy. Many many puppy mills and bad breeders can get a health certificate from a vet claiming the puppy is healthy even when it's not as long as the find a vet that is interested in money more than anything else. You say your puppies all end up under 7 pounds, what are the weights of your breeding females?
The dog she sold was ten months old. The breed standard says 'to not exceed seven pounds' so if she is breeding for show she should not have offspring that exceeds seven pounds (ideally) not should they be below four pounds so it would make sense why she would be selling older pet quality yorkies who are smaller (or who would be larger) if they were not show standard.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:47 AM   #57
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilah Charm View Post
The dog she sold was ten months old. The breed standard says 'to not exceed seven pounds' so if she is breeding for show she should not have offspring that exceeds seven pounds (ideally) not should they be below four pounds so it would make sense why she would be selling older pet quality yorkies who are smaller (or who would be larger) if they were not show standard.
Yes but she says she fixes all dogs before they go to there new homes. Also even show breeders have dogs that exceed 7 pounds. There is no minimum to the standard.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:48 AM   #58
YT Addict

This message is for Kim Balas:

The health certificate that had the wrong date of birth? And you clearly crossed out the signature in front of us and resigned it! We know that a contract is void if altered...very clever! We both know that you we're holding frankie and when I asked if I can put him down you told me that wouldn't be a good idea bc he would hide! That was stupid on my part not to at least see him walking around but I can beat myself up about it all day or move on. I'm sure deep down you know that this particular situation was very sketchy to say the least, and even though you did disclose that he had mild patella issues they are actually confirmed to be way worse that you disclosed and he will be needing surgery to correct that as well. Good for you coming on here and trying to defend yourself. He was dirty, he had a terrible ear infection and his leg may not have been broken but the vet said that there was definitely a pre existing fracture he could see calcification in the X-ray. I would have appreciated more empathy from you since I called you the very next day and you gVe me the worst advice and said to just cast it and that you have had other dogs that have had broken legs and they will heal fine in a cast. How could you give that advice? I'm sure once you saw the X-ray (if you even bothered to look) or showed your vet as you said you were going to do, you would have seen the same thing. The ulna and radius both severed and no way to re establish blood flow to the damaged bones without pins. Which required an orthopedic surgeon and a 6 hr surgery which included taking a bone graft from his little hip to stimulate new cell growth. maybe offering a refund or evan a partial refund would have helped ease the very high cost of the surgery and after care. That's what a reputable breeder would have done. You didn't even offer to take him back (which I would never have done)! Instead you told me that bc I'm close to NYC and not upstate that the vet charges a lot. Thanks I know that but at least I had access to the very best orthopedic surgeon in the whole state of NY and MY little boy has healed perfectly and has full use of his leg. So I will state for one last time that IN MY OPINION and in my situation that you are not a reputable breeder, your puppies are all older that you state, you have no puppy pictures nor pictures of the parents, my dog was filthy, he had a bad ear infection and a pre existing injury that happened while you still had him. You also sent me home with his last round of worming medication in an unsealed syringe and unsealed bag. He was not dropped nor did he leap from a bed. He simply stepped of my 13 year old yorkie's mini couch bed that is maybe 4 inches high! In my opinion he was malnourished due to having to fight over food and that also lead to weakness in his bones. The same reason he used to eat poop! I'm sure that you were nervous that I would seek a lemon law or have to sue for a refund however all my finances were tied up in getting my boy in top health, the very exact condition that you promised me he would already be in! Probably the same reason why you waited so long to respond to a thread that I started in May.

Last edited by Kerryn915; 12-17-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Kerryn915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #59
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
This message is for Kim Balas:

The health certificate that had the wrong date of birth? And you clearly crossed out the signature in front of us and resigned it! We know that a contract is void if altered...very clever! We both know that you we're holding frankie and when I asked if I can put him down you told me that wouldn't be a good idea bc he would hide! That was stupid on my part not to at least see him walking around but I can beat myself up about it all day or move on. I'm sure deep down you know that this particular situation was very sketchy to say the least, and even though you did disclose that he had mild patella issues they are actually confirmed to be way worse that you disclosed and he will be needing surgery to correct that as well. Good for you coming on here and trying to defend yourself. He was dirty, he had a terrible ear infection and his leg may not have been broken but the vet said that there was definitely a pre existing fracture he could see calcification in the X-ray. I would have appreciated more empathy from you since I called you the very next day and you gVe me the worst advice and said to just cast it and that you have had other dogs that have had broken legs and they will heal fine in a cast. How could you give that advice? I'm sure once you saw the X-ray (if you even bothered to look) or showed your vet as you said you were going to do, you would have seen the same thing. The ulna and radius both severed and no way to re establish blood flow to the damaged bones without pins. Which required an orthopedic surgeon and a 6 hr surgery which included taking a bone graft from his little hip to stimulate new cell growth. maybe offering a refund or evan a partial refund would have helped ease the very high cost of the surgery and after care. That's what a reputable breeder would have done. You didn't even offer to take him back (which I would never have done)! Instead you told me that bc I'm close to NYC and not upstate that the vet charges a lot. Thanks I know that but at least I had access to the very best orthopedic surgeon in the whole state of NY and MY little boy has healed perfectly and has full use of his leg. So I will state for one last time that IN MY OPINION and in my situation that you are not a reputable breeder, your puppies are all older that you state, you have no puppy pictures nor pictures of the parents, my dog was filthy, he had a bad ear infection and a pre existing injury that happened while you still had him. You also sent me home with his last round of worming medication in an unsealed syringe and unsealed bag. He was not dropped nor did he leap from a bed. He simply stepped of my 13 year old yorkie's mini couch bed that is maybe 4 inches high! In my opinion he was malnourished due to having to fight over food and that also lead to weakness in his bones. The same reason he used to eat poop! I'm sure that you were nervous that I would seek a lemon law or have to sue for a refund however all my finances were tied up in getting my boy in top health, the very exact condition that you promised me he would already be in! Probably the same reason why you waited so long to respond to a thread that I started in May.
I'm glad your little one is doing better. I did think it was strange this thread was started a while ago and then all of a sudden brought back up and then several posters first post where on here. It definitely doesn't add up for sure.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:11 PM   #60
YT Addict

And again it's just my opinion it was pretty silly for you to drag up an old thread that really wasn't that bad in the first place. It was pretty much hearsay and only had a few views and responses. By you adding all this information and feeding into it makes you seem guilty or like you have to prove a point bc you feel bad maybe. In any case I am entitled to state my experience with you. I noticed that you didn't seem in great health when I came to get the dog and I wasn't looking to drag you through the mud. Thats why it was just a vague post basically telling people to look into it if they are considering buying from you. I accept full responsibility for over looking obvious red flags but I was already emotionally and financially invested in my boy. And he lets me know everyday how appreciative he is in the way he adores me and follows me everywhere. It was a long 12 weeks keeping him off his leg and nursing him back to health and I'm so thankful when I see him running around and playing with his older brother. He knows he's safe and he most certainly knows he's loved.
Kerryn915 is offline   Reply With Quote