YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community

Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.

Go Back   YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community > Breeding / Showing / Traveling > Breeder Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
Yorkie Talker

Angry Dirty " business " between american´s breeders and the Argentinian YTC.

This is happens for the last six years , this totally dirty business between somes american´s Yorkies breeders and the President of the Club in Argentina " Mrs.Frances Smith " , this unchaste person , like I say is the President of the Club here , she is the teacher in the seminarys of the breed and later the encharge to give the titles to the New Judges , after that she ask to those judges to " judge " in the Shows where she also is the handler and of course allways the winner . Because she pact all the result she make a deals with somes american´s breeders and bring to Argentina their dogs and make their Championships and also winn the Rankings of the years .
This happens with dogs like¨: Turyanne´s Mischief Maker , Turyanne´s Bold N Bedazzlin and this year with Dogwood´s Wizard of Oz . later those dogs return to U.S with the Foreing Championship and like winners of the Rankings , but obtained under totally corrupts circunstances .
we also haved to denunce her in the FCA for this reason and also because she give to others breeders stud services from those dogs without permition , like Turyanne´s Mischief Maker which also transmited to his puppys his hepatic disorder , now all this Complain is under FCA desition , I will let you know what happen , thanks .
javier2905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!

Old 11-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
TOY
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I don't really understand but I do sense your frustration.

Is there any way you can appeal to the governing body of this organization in your country?

Also, I am glad you do recognize that it is only a certain group from our country who may be involved. I daresay it is quite limited and would cause as much outrage here as it is with you there.

I know absolutely nothing about shows but I do know that human nature being what it is, no country is free of people with underhanded and dishonest behavior. Unfortunately it seems to be evident in all races, cultures, and countries but thankfully, the best of the human race seems to always prevail in the end.

Granted it may take awhile but I continue to firmly believe we do indeed "reap what we sow."
TOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
Yorkie Talker

Hi thank you to read my massage , what do you say is true there are dishonest people in every country , and we can drive this situation when is normal people like us , the problems happens when that people has power , in this case is the President of the Yorkshire Terrier Club in our Country , and that is sad for because I have to recognize which I´m member of this dishonest Club , and this happens in Argentina where I Live , and this is so shameful , but I will try to fix that , I hope in U.S the Yorkshire Terrier Club can be different than us , and you can have honest judges and honest shows , that is very important , because everybody spend so much money , time , hopes , and all we deserve respect , thanks .
Old 11-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier2905 View Post
Hi thank you to read my massage , what do you say is true there are dishonest people in every country , and we can drive this situation when is normal people like us , the problems happens when that people has power , in this case is the President of the Yorkshire Terrier Club in our Country , and that is sad for because I have to recognize which I´m member of this dishonest Club , and this happens in Argentina where I Live , and this is so shameful , but I will try to fix that , I hope in U.S the Yorkshire Terrier Club can be different than us , and you can have honest judges and honest shows , that is very important , because everybody spend so much money , time , hopes , and all we deserve respect , thanks .
I am writing from Canada and am also appalled that we have this kind of judging, dishonest, and underlying moneymaking schemes. I, myself have never been to a judging contest but think there needs to be some kind of investigation. I only wish I really could help you.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
Yorkie Talker

What we have to do is try to clean our Kennels Clubs , our Shows from all this dishonest people , they are the dark side of the Canine´s World , they are the shame in the Dog´s world , all the honest breeder don´t have to be scare to say the true , to denunce when they can see those wrongs things , if we be in silent we are accomplice , and later we have to be in silent forever , so if you see something wrong in your place " do something about that " , good luck , Javier .
Old 11-16-2009, 06:19 AM   #6
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default That's very sad---

And the lack of fresh young faces in the ring would appear to indicate some dysfunction running into the very core of the "sport."
magicgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:58 AM   #7
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

I know the show world can get political but in reality there is probably politics involved in every sport in the world. Personally I feel that sometimes no matter what dog wins in a show, there are those that will scream politics were involved, even if the dog that won was the best dog there. I do not believe that a pubic forum is the place to address these issues, especially naming names and trying to damage the reputation of someones lines. If you have proof and concerns then perhaps a good place to start would be with our parent club, the YTCA or AKC.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:53 AM   #8
Yorkie Talker

I did already , I sent this note and also many pics from the Shows where this woman was the handler and all her student were the Judges in the Shows later , and not , sorry but with honest judges and Internationals judges , she never wonn , this is wy she need to do all those corrupt things , all we know what means good quality , believe me this is not what she showed .
Old 11-26-2009, 04:51 AM   #9
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/breeder-talk/189460-dirty-business-between-american-

I was looking in the internet trying to find anything about Frances, whom I havent seen in many years, and to come to find this post from you Javier.
I dont know if you know me or not, but I am not using an allias.
My name is Gwendy Ott.
All I know of Yorkshire terriers I learned from Frances and her mother.
Frances taught me the basics of handling.
Heather Smith was a great breeder and a wonderful person.
and i have not seen Frances in many years, but people do not change at the core.
Frances started teaching in the Yorkshire terrier club of Argentina in the 80´s she made the whole course. I know because I helped her with the drawings of the standard in her kitchen.

now, take note, if Frances has taught this course for the past 30 years...
the mayority if not all the yorkie judges have learned from her.
I do not know if what you accuse her or not is true.

I dont know a person more passionate about the yorkie breed as Frances Smith.
She has continuously imported dogs to Argentina from England and from everywhere.
now I am writting with my name and lastname. but I do so, because i am saying the truth. and that way anyone can corroborate the facts that I am stating here.
Thank you everyone.
Gwendy Ott
cofounder of the shih tzu club of spain
clubespanoldelshihtzu@gmail.com
GwenOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #10
Yorkie Talker

Frances and her Mother were denunced more than 20 year ago because they breeded Yorkshires terriers with Leucemia , from the FCA start with an invesgation and olders breeders from that time told me which Frances and her mother made a tranfusión to their dogs so the blood test made a wrong result , I can let you know so many wrong thing which she did , like when she teach in her semirarys the correct colours of the Yorkshire T. and later she came to the shows with her dogs totally tinged and her asistant told to us which thursdays were the days for to made that work before the Shows in the Week End , well what I can say about her corrupt actitud about the semirarys of the breed , in where she gived the Judge´s tittles and later ask to her student to judge her dogs and of course she allways winn , not because her dog´s quality ( they are just pet quality ) , but this is not happens anymore because FCA know everything about this complain and she can´t teach anymore and also she can´t judge anymore , also this week we was notifyded about others denunces from U.S about others dogs with Hepatic disorder when the people from the Club open that enbelope Frances told to them which that wasen´t very important and she hide that evidence , well my dear I can let you know so much wrongs things about Frances Smith , if you want to know more maybe you can contact somes of the others breeders here in Argentina , or also you can ask to Kathleen Kolbert if she give or not autorization for to give stud service from Mischief Maker the dog for what Frances asked to me U$S 1000 for the stud service and told me which that money were for to send to dog´s breeder and of course she never did that , I have the emails from this breeder and also I translate and add to my denunce in FCA , I have to be honest to you , and say you right she sound and look like very hard worker woman and very passionate for the breed , but begind that firt image , there is a very corrupt person with an ambition without limits , with so many lieds .
Old 11-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #11
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Though I understand your concerns, this should be taken up with the proper authorities.....airing dirty laundry on this forum is not going to get anything resolved.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:58 PM   #12
Yorkie Talker

You totally right , and like I say in my first email I sent all this complain to the YTCA and to the FCA , me and others breeders are waiting for the FCA answer and also we asked for a group meeting with the FCA President for this reason , I just answer the email from that lady from Spain maybe she knowed Frances Smith for short time I´m suffert her for more than 20 years , so I know exactly what I say , thanks , Javier .
Old 11-27-2009, 03:32 PM   #13
YorkieTalk Newbie!

My apologies if this bothers people at the forum, this will be my last posting regarding this issue.

Javier, First of all I was living in Argentina 20 years ago, and there was no case of leukemia and false test that I know off.

And I don't think it is proper of you or anyone to talk bad of Heather now that she passed away and cannot defend herself .Heather has done so much for the yorkshire terrier in Argentina, Teaching, showing,breeding and importing so many wonderful Yorkies.
She founded the club, and she worked passionately to make everything work.

If Frances sold you something and you are upset, I may believe it or not.
but to me this sounds like you are doing a crusade against Frances and of what you are saying I believe only that she probably gave you a breeding and that it did not worked out for you.
and as for the dog that you said that she painted. I used to groom the dogs with Heather and no, it was not painted, it had a magnificent color. it was a wonderful example of the breed.

And some of the offspring of that dog, also had that wonderful coat.
you are talking of a dog they used to call Teacher, if my memory doesn't fail.
And the owner of the kennel Hill of Loma had many wonderful pups with that coat color also product of those breeding's.
I also used to groom them. and no, They did not painted the dogs as you must know that in the 80´s Argentina did not had the technology or the products to do such things.

If Frances paints the dogs today, I don't know, If she eats them for supper, I don't know either.

But what I know is that in those days I was daily with them, and that they where very kind and loving people.
They never talked bad of anyone, they never cheated anyone, they had no need, if someone wanted a good yorkshire they would go to them. And if someone wanted an excellent handler they would go to Frances.

Javier, whats your kennel name? You suffered Frances for the past 20 years? and knowing that they where such bad people as you said, you went and asked her for a breeding?

What is exactly your goal? to dirty her name and reputation overseas?
Do you think that because you say this things she will stop showing in world dog shows, or internationals or that she will stop buying excellent dogs?

To win towards Frances you have to go to the States and buy yourself a show dog from the best that you can afford (if they want to sell you...) and then you will have to groom and show the dogs in a perfect way. and then , you will probably win.

But darling, in this crusade of yours, what you are writing is not solid.
At least I did not believe it one cent, and my conclusion was that I was reading the whining of a sore looser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier2905 View Post
You totally right , and like I say in my first email I sent all this complain to the YTCA and to the FCA , me and others breeders are waiting for the FCA answer and also we asked for a group meeting with the FCA President for this reason , I just answer the email from that lady from Spain maybe she knowed Frances Smith for short time I´m suffert her for more than 20 years , so I know exactly what I say , thanks , Javier .
GwenOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #14
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Please take this off line.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #15
Yorkie Talker

You talking about things which happens more than 20 years ago ( and yes those Leukemia´s cases happens for real , the result of the FCA investigation was one of the breeder´s females from Heather was who transmited that sickness to her progeny ), even you talk about dogs and kennels which even don´t exist anymore , you not in Argentina , but everybody here know how corrupt Frances is , this wy none like her , not because we are a looser , just because she need to do all those corrupts things because in another way she never can winn with her dogs with realy ugly faces , with not hair or in very bad condition , with a realy bad top line , I never saw a straight top line in any of her dogs , and of course I never want to have such bad line in my breeder plan , the only reason wy she gived a stud service from Mischef Maker to one of my females was because that dog wasen´t from her line , but she did so bad , because Kathleen kolbert made a very strict contract and every Stud service from that dog must have her autorization first , and she offert to me that service anyway , and also told me which that money will be sent to that breeder and she just took for her self , so my dear don´t try to clean her reputation , here in Argentina everybody know which she is one of the most corrupt person in the dog´s world , you are from the Shiht-zu club ok you can contact to Road´s kennel Mr Dori Show and breed the best Shiht-zus here in Argentina , he can let you know very well how corrupt Frances is , you can contact any of the actuals Yorkie´s breeders all we have the best Yorkies line in our Kennels like : Parkside´s , Camparis , Like Buena Vista , Coramonte , Villa y Corte , Penghibur , during all those 20 year the Yorkie made an evolution around the world , in this moment the Yorkie has so much Glamour , is elegant , with abundant and long coat , this quality is so much better than the dogs which you talking about from 20 years ago , in this moment what Frances has in her Kennel is just Pet quality , even her Champions , ¿ or you saw some dog´s from " Las Heras Kennel in others rings around the world ?? you saw any Am.Champion from her kennel , well my dear I have to let you know which in 2005 was the World Dog´s Show in Argentina , any of the Francés dogs winn any points in that Show , the World Champìon 2005 was Ch.Pacharán de Coramonte , that dog was in my Kennel for 4 years , he was the Sire of many of my females and somes of my Champions which already live in U.S , Frances never produced an Am.Champion like I did . Am.Ch.California Wild´s Prima Donna , and in this moment there are daugthers in the American´s Shows from my Ch. California Wild´s Onix , if you can see her dogs Championships all the points are gived for Argentinians Judges in the YTCA where she is the President , the teacher , the handler .... , when she go to the regular Show with Internationals Judges her dogs never winn ( never ) , so just follow to talk about things which happens more than 20 years ago , in this moment she has not quality in her kennel , this is wy she can not show dogs from her line , they are realy bad , just Pet quality , before to defend Frances again go and see the others realy good kennel in Argentina like : Galaxy Angel´s , Von Christensen , For You kennel , and of course " California Wild´s Kennel " , the quality of her dogs never can be compare with our dogs , this is wy she need to made corrupts Shows where she used as a judges all her students , but this is can´t happens anymore the FCA took off her Judge tittle last Week so she can´t give as a teacher any seminary ever again , thanks God the Justice finally exist !!!!! , but this is not the The End , she has already two denunces in the Discipline Comité , one from other breeder and other from me , we will show all our proof to that Comition , and maybe I can have good news very soon , Thanks , Javier .